• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sled no start

martin63092

Extreme
changed plugs, she started then i shut her off, then after no more start, il call the local dealer tomorow to get someone to fix it, hopefully get it before christmas when i get 10 days off work #$%&*

so far my expirience with the phazer is BAD :o|

I don't know how much experience you have with these four strokes, so excuse me if you already know this. You have to let these sleds warm up. I mean really warm up. When the warm up light goes out let it continue to run. I also put it on a stand and spin the track to make sure it's warm and the plugs are clean. You are playing Russian roulette with your plugs if you don't do this. It might be fine 9 times out of 10 but sooner or later you will foul plugs. You need to change your plugs again and it will run fine.

martin63092 said:
I wouldnt think that when i shuted her down it would of foul the plugs, this was the only time the motor used the plugs, they are brand new!

That's exactly what they do........sometimes. Pull the plugs and look at them. I'm betting they are black and wet. Bottom line is the sled has to be warm before you shut it down. It's not just Yamahas, I have a buddy with a 4 stroke Doo and he did the same thing starting and shutting down right away.

if you did not let run for a good 5-10 min the plugs are done. the phazers are real bad if you don't let them run and get up to temp.

4th or 5th that advice. I have done plenty of short-interval running with mine, but I always run it until the idle drops fully to ~1700, and then another four-five minutes after that. I wait until the auxiliary radiator is too hot to touch comfortably b/f shutting it down. It's never that inconvenient, since I find I'm either riding after getting it off the trailer, so it stays running and warming up, or putting it on the trailer after a ride when it's already at running temp.

I figure the start/warmup mixture is extremely rich, and will condense and adhere on the plug surfaces. Letting the combustion chamber and attached plug get up to nearly full temperature must serve to burn off this condensate.

09phazergtWI said:
4th or 5th that advice. I have done plenty of short-interval running with mine, but I always run it until the idle drops fully to ~1700, and then another four-five minutes after that. I wait until the auxiliary radiator is too hot to touch comfortably b/f shutting it down. It's never that inconvenient, since I find I'm either riding after getting it off the trailer, so it stays running and warming up, or putting it on the trailer after a ride when it's already at running temp.

I figure the start/warmup mixture is extremely rich, and will condense and adhere on the plug surfaces. Letting the combustion chamber and attached plug get up to nearly full temperature must serve to burn off this condensate.
X1,000,000

got her fix from the dealer today, wasn't the spark plugs boys, some wire in the harness were rusted so thats the reason why sometimes she started and sometimes she didnt, i dont know how much it will cost me for the fix, 80$ a hour for labor, will update you with the prize tomorow,

after all im glad she's running :drink:

there IS a Bulletin out on that issue. I had a bunch of wires moved to a different ground on mine, that was a "starting issue" fix.

Back