• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sled parked for a week, no start

fuel pump works every thing. if i turn my key on so the fuel pump can start then shut it down then start her back up so the fuel pump goes on again and then i close it it will backfire when i close my key. something is wrong here.

sorry for my writting, im french :Rockon:

Sounds like you are not getting fuel to the injectors or they arent opening.Try opening the airbox and shoot some ether into the intake.If it fires then you arent getting fuel.At that point you need to figure out if fuel is getting to the injectors.If you look into the airhorns with throttle wide open and kill switch depressed key on then have someone lift the kill switch the pump will cycle and you should see the injectors shoot a mist of fuel into the intake.Its tough to see and a flashlight helps.Be careful you follow the instructions to avoid it starting and running you over.Other way is with a noid light which plugs into the injector.

cannondale27 said:
Sounds like you are not getting fuel to the injectors or they arent opening.Try opening the airbox and shoot some ether into the intake.If it fires then you arent getting fuel.At that point you need to figure out if fuel is getting to the injectors.If you look into the airhorns with throttle wide open and kill switch depressed key on then have someone lift the kill switch the pump will cycle and you should see the injectors shoot a mist of fuel into the intake.Its tough to see and a flashlight helps.Be careful you follow the instructions to avoid it starting and running you over.Other way is with a noid light which plugs into the injector.

went in the garage today she started but she just kept on shuting off after 10 sec idling. still backfires tho

Like cannon said, Check the injectorsand the coils. I would aslo check that there is not a kink in the long clear fuel line. It is looped near the front of tank.

If it runs and dies, it usually means running out of fuel. maybe new plugs as well. They may have gotten boogered trying to start it.

You said it was all snow. something must have been frozen....or you finally worked through bad gas or water. It idles down now? and stays running? cool. Glad to hear. I am just sitting here waiting for enough snow. Now today we get rain which is slowly melting whatever snow we had.

Back