• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sled Start HID install with pics

Fourcam281

Expert
I just got a set of their 4300K HIDs. The kit was great and so was working with Sled Start. I added them to my 05 RX1 and tried to make the install look factory. I followed what another member did with a couple of small changes. I took the pics with my cell phone so they may not be the best...

Ballist and relay mount:
sledpics002.jpg

Power and ground wires on their way to the battery:
sledpics004.jpg

Once I got the hinge I used an automotive style wire loom to protect the wires the rest of the way.
sledpics005.jpg

sledpics007.jpg

sledpics009.jpg

Couple of shots with the lights on:
sledpics012.jpg

sledpics013.jpg

looks great man.....looks pretty much like my install. Good idea using the wire loom by the hinge i think i might add that to mine before I start riding.

Thanks fourcam. Nice install!

Yeah that wire is all shielded with pretty thick stuff but split loom could never hurt.
It's always a good idea to look for chafed wired before each season anyhow. I always do. Learned that lesson on my SRX!!! I suddenly had no headlights flying down the trail! Sure enough...chafed wire on the stock headlight loom from the hood.

Enjoy the HID's guys!

mbarclay said:
looks great man.....looks pretty much like my install. Good idea using the wire loom by the hinge i think i might add that to mine before I start riding.
Your install was the one I followed. :-o

SNOWDOG said:
Thanks fourcam. Nice install!

Yeah that wire is all shielded with pretty thick stuff but split loom could never hurt.
It's always a good idea to look for chafed wired before each season anyhow. I always do. Learned that lesson on my SRX!!! I suddenly had no headlights flying down the trail! Sure enough...chafed wire on the stock headlight loom from the hood.

Enjoy the HID's guys!
I'm sure we will and I'll probably have some more orders for you when my friends see them! :bling

Fourcam281 said:
mbarclay said:
Your install was the one I followed. :-o

;)! ;)!

You got me thinking about mine when I seen your pics it motivated me to go out and clean/jet my carbs to get my sled running so I could see the lights again definetly awesome looking lights mine are green when they first turn on then turn to the bright yellow. seemed good to hear the warrior running again and it was purring like a kitten I just wish there was at least a couple inches of snow outside to rip around the yard. Hopefully in a week or 2 :jump:

Guess your nowhere near where N.Y. got pounded hu?
Why can't that happen here...LIKE NOW! lol...
2'...We can only dream about that here!

We got about 4" today but my Apex is in pieces. Might have to rip the SRX around tomorrow morning before working on the Apex....

Yeah there used to be a trail that ran to that little bar in gilberts. Is that trail still there? If so we can ride from hose to house. There is a trail that runs right thru the field behind my house. I can get into wisconsin by trail from here.

SNOWDOG said:
Guess your nowhere near where N.Y. got pounded hu?
Why can't that happen here...LIKE NOW! lol...
2'...We can only dream about that here!

We got about 4" today but my Apex is in pieces. Might have to rip the SRX around tomorrow morning before working on the Apex....

no I dont have a damn thing :o| I dont live in "the snow belt" i very rarely ever ride from my house my sled is always on the trailer. The good thing is they good a ton of snow only 30-40 minutes from my house there trails there that I could take to old forge or even tug hill

SNOWDOG said:
Yeah there used to be a trail that ran to that little bar in gilberts. Is that trail still there? If so we can ride from hose to house. There is a trail that runs right thru the field behind my house. I can get into wisconsin by trail from here.
They don't mark it anymore but I rode it last year and a bunch of other people do to. I usually just trailer up to Woodstock and go from their but I was out your way on my ski doo last year.

The HID's are $225 and I spent about 10 more on the loom and some zip ties. Click on the link in snow dogs sig for more info.

Back