• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slider/Hyfax question

miked

Veteran
How far your guys letting your sliders wear before replacing them? I got around 1000 miles on my FX and the hyfax looks like new except around the bend in front of the wheels, I got about 5mm left before it wears to the line. You guys wait right unitl it gets to the line? It seems to have slowed down (the wearing).

Thanks,
Miked

I changed right at the line, see if you can slip a 10mm wrench over it, that will tell you. After replacement mine seemed to wear very fast at that same point but have seemed to stop now.My track is way loose also.

Same here.10mm wrench is perfect indicator.Line will be just barely visible.They wear fast up to a point then last a long time.

I looked at mine recently on the VL and they are worn evenly all the way along the rail with less than 15mm left at 1400km. The only place not worn is right at the very front where they turn up and there is no contact with the track. That seems to be really fast wear considering I have done absolutely no riding when the conditions are hard or crusty - there is always plenty snow for lubrication. Is there any way to improve the life of the runners? Are there larger low snow wheels or something that can be installed to help reduce the wear? Or is this just something else to expect and live with on yanmaha machines. I certainly didn't expect to have to replace the slides this soon. The only comparison I have is my old Polaris with ~9,000Km on the original slides. So I am a bit puzzled by the fast wear on the Yam.

run track just a bit loose. I have 2300 miles on my originals, It's even a MTN Lite. They wear fast at the beginning and than slow way down. Just keep an eye on them

JohnnyHollywood said:
I have nothing left in the middle between the small wheels. Virtually nothing on the front or rear. Don't they sell a wheel kit for that?

Yes that will take care of wear there.Mine had 2000mi on originals and in 1 ride on very hardpack trail they wore right where you say yours did.I put low snow wheels on as close to front idlers as I could and now wear on slides is even full length except at upturn where they dont ever wear.

Back