• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sliders/ hyrax

Radar22

Extreme
Hey guys quick question... When installing new sliders is it better to have them a little shorter than the rail or just cut them at the end? Mine were a little shorter, wasn't sure if it was for when in rev?

I'd go no more than a 1/6" short and angle the end...and remember you'll hear a lot about hyfax wear on Yamaha...I'm on my 4th Yam four stroke and all have worn to the line then went another 1000 miles at least. Don't freak out when they start to get thin.

RobWarrior said:
I'd go no more than a 1/6" short and angle the end...and remember you'll hear a lot about hyfax wear on Yamaha...I'm on my 4th Yam four stroke and all have worn to the line then went another 1000 miles at least. Don't freak out when they start to get thin.
I agree about not freaking out when your new hyfax wear quickly right away. Mine wore down right above the line the weekend I changed them. I went at least a full year on them like that then changed them out when I put on a new track, only because I had the skid out anyways.

dboe03 said:
RobWarrior said:
I agree about not freaking out when your new hyfax wear quickly right away. Mine wore down right above the line the weekend I changed them. I went at least a full year on them like that then changed them out when I put on a new track, only because I had the skid out anyways.

Yeah...when you install a new set and think you're all set then see it wear a 1/4" in 30 miles you think you're screwed...then your good for 1200 miles??

Ok guys.. Have done tons of looking for info if its ok to use DuPont sliders on my RTX. Can't find anything If its ok to use them on my stock track with every 3rd open window open. Don't want to add extra wear to my track. Any solid info would be appreciated.

Duponts

Pretty sure everyone is going to the Duponts on these sleds.

Not me. Went to 135mm wheels (Ski Doo and Excells) and added low snow wheels up front and my slides lasted over 7000 km. My particular problem was at front curve.

If you just want to stick with regular slides, go with white ones. Apparently they last longer since they are pure UHMW plastic.

Attachments

• White Slide.jpg
    White Slide.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 286
i have the white ones with bigger wheels (Polaris wheels) and they haven't moved at all....

I have the larger wheels and the low snow kit on my nytro. I put them on when I replaced my original hyrax at 1900 miles. I now have 8200 mile on my sled with that same second black set of hyfax. In mho the larger wheels are a must.

Back