• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slides burned up last night...

eightpilot

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 Thundercat
Was out on the lake last night with the girlfriend on the back and burned up my slides pretty good. My question is how do you get the melted plastic off the trailing edge of the clips? Will it hurt anything if you leave it on or should I try to scrape it off somehow? Thanks 8

Won't hurt nothing with plasic on the clips. You may want to update your wheels and mounts,because when you overheat those clips they will eventually loosen up and start falling off, and destroy your track.

You can scape with a knife it is easy to remove but you have a lot of clips to do ... and it will hold heat and make the new slies wear out faster

Ur saying it will hold the heat if I don't get the melted plastic off? I think I have a few beers worth of work ahead of me. Lol

dont worry about ride in sum good snow and the plastic will come off on its own

It was mainly caused by the stupid, 3rd window closed track. I'm in the process of cutting out the windows in mine and installing clips.

plastic on clips

use a hard knife short if poss. i have one that is only 1 inch long , takes afew seconds per clip . and only one beer . all open windows and all clipped is the best in my option

Back