• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slight Bog with Bender Mountain Exhaust

Phazernut

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
04 Viper ER.
96 V-Max 4
I installed a Bender Mountain Exhaust a few weeks ago. This past weekend was the first time I really had time to go out and play. I now have a slight hesitation if I go to WOT from a stop or low speed. If I just slowly open it up there is no issue but that hesitation is bugging me and also causing me to lose the holeshot against my buddys F1000. Has anyone else had this issue and what do I need to do to fix it. I'm considering re-installing the stock exhaust.

Not much help

I have an 07 Attak Gt with the Mt Exhaust.No hesitation at all that I can notice out of the hole,really woke it up at a 40-50 mph roll.I know this doesnt help,wanted to give you my findings...good luck,Dean

Phazernut said:
I installed a Bender Mountain Exhaust a few weeks ago. This past weekend was the first time I really had time to go out and play. I now have a slight hesitation if I go to WOT from a stop or low speed. If I just slowly open it up there is no issue but that hesitation is bugging me and also causing me to lose the holeshot against my buddys F1000. Has anyone else had this issue and what do I need to do to fix it. I'm considering re-installing the stock exhaust.

You need to add fuel to the bottom. Try using the pod adjustment and if that doesn’t work I highly recommend a PowerCommander. I had the same situation after installing my Excell and I finally adjusted it out using the PowerCommander III adding fuel at 0% and 2% throttle position up through 4000RPM.

It's not only in the bottom but if I hit it hard at around 1/4 throttle. I was hoping not to have to go into any more mods. Oh well...summer project

What is the POD adjustment

Always make sure the snowmobile is fully warmed up before adjusting any settings. A cold engine will also result in a hesitation!

This will change your low speed fuel mixture much like the pilot circuit on a carbureted model. It does not effect on high speed fuel mixture. The engine will start and run normally in C0 mode so you can change settings with the engine running or on the trail. To return to the normal gauge functions simply turn the key or kill switch off and the gauge display will return normal functions.

Apex C0 Fuel Adjust:
- Install a wire (or paperclip) from ground to the pale green wire in the connector on the left of the delta box. This wire has no mating wire in the male connector and only needs to be grounded to the Delta Box.

Stealth_001.jpg

Enter Diagnostic mode:
- With the key and kill switch off, press and hold both "Select and Reset" buttons then power up the gauge by turning both the key and kill switch on.
- Wait 8 seconds and the gauge will go blank except for "DI" in the display.
- Press "Select" to toggle between "DI" and "C0", Select "C0".
- Press and hold both "Select and Reset" 3 seconds
- Gauge will display "C:01", (this is where you select which cylinder you want to adjust)
- Press and hold "Select and Reset" 3 seconds and 0 should appear in the odometer section
- Press "Select" to increase the number (richer), "Reset" to decrease the number (leaner)
- Example: (10 would be richer) (-10 would be leaner)
- Press both "Select and reset" to chose C:02 and adjust the same as above (must do this for each cylinder)

You will want to go RICHER (positive numbers). Generally up 10 will be enough to get past any hesitation or stumble you may run into.

Cool..I'll try it this weekend when I'm closer to my sled. It's 300 miles away right now at my Parents Place. We lost our snow here in St John's so I bought it to the snow. Only a 5 hour drive to ride :)

Back