• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snow Eliminator ?

sheetwright

Northwoods Snowmobiling Facebook
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 Yamaha SRX
I have just purchased a set of Snow Eliminators to replace the unopen aggressive pattern on my 08 RTX. Since you have to remove the exsisting tunnel support bracing from the sled; I was wondering how stout the running boards/tunnel is with just the Snow Eliminators? Did you have to make a new style of tunnel support, or are they pretty good? I am doing this to eliminate the snow and ice build up that happens in the older serrated style of running board. Want to make sure she is strong enough in the bumps

I have put them on my 08 MTX, I am close to 300 lbs when geared up and they are still on the sled after 2 seasons. Not quite as straight as they used to be!

Attachments

• PA312551.JPG
    PA312551.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 86
  • PA312546.JPG
    PA312546.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 77
  • PA312548.JPG
    PA312548.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 71
  • PA312551.JPG
    PA312551.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 73
  • PA312560.JPG
    PA312560.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 79
They will be fine. Check your rivits each year and if any are pulling lose replace the mwith stainless steel.

Word of warning. I ordered some snow eliminators for my nytro 121. The guy needed measurements from my sled to make them but somehow thought i new i was supposed to call him with the measurements, without informing me to do so. It took 3 weeks for me to figure this out. I ended up canceling my order. I hope this does not happen to you.

I CUT THE WHOLE RUNNER OF MINE AND INSTALLED BETTER BOARDS,,,AND THEY CAME OUT BEAUTIFUL,,REALLY STIFF,,ALOT BETTER THAN STOCK,,,ONLY DOWNFALL IS THE PRICE BUT WAY WORTH IT WHEN YER IN THE DEEP,,MY 08 RUNNERS SUCKED!!

Attachments

• nitromods 3 09.jpg
    nitromods 3 09.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 89
Don't order from snow eliminator. I placed an order in early november and ended up cancelling it at the end of november. I still haven't got my money back yet. The guy may make a good product but he is very unorganized. If you order from them you won't be getting your product till june.

BetterBoards are WAY more stout...

if your concerned about bending...go down to your metal fab shop, and get some 1/4" cold rolled steel (it is square) and take off the edge of your boards (the treat thing) will only be a few rivets...

then you will shave down the 1/4" steel a little and slide it inside the Edge Tread thing...it will make that board ROCK solid!!!!!

did it on my Rev, as they had real issues...and when I did my better boards, I just went and did it automatically...have not had an issue at all!!!

Back