• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snow flap trimming worries

I cut mine last season and they are better but they still get sucked under in deeper snow ver. a parking lot or hard packed trail! I just ordered two brackets from Denis Kirk and they have 8 left!

Snow flake said:
I cut mine last season and they are better but they still get sucked under in deeper snow ver. a parking lot or hard packed trail! I just ordered two brackets from Denis Kirk and they have 8 left!

Link? and do they work on a 121" skid?

Cut it and be done with it cut mine at the line below yamaha, I tested it out coming off trailer backing up in deep snow, hard pack trail. Never got caught impossible for it to get chewed up. Cheapest solution and will not effect engine cooling at all!!!! I guess the guys riding behind me have a little more snow dust to play with, when your out in front it doesn't bother me LOL

Just an FYI, some of my friends cut theirs on their sleds and one of them threw up a chunk of frozen dirt right into another's face shield and it went right through it and luckily got wedged in the face shield right in front of his face.

I'm not going to tell you not to cut the flaps, but just to be aware of what you might be throwing up when they're cut.

Wisconsin said:
Just an FYI, some of my friends cut theirs on their sleds and one of them threw up a chunk of frozen dirt right into another's face shield and it went right through it and luckily got wedged in the face shield right in front of his face..
How close are these guys riding??????????? :o|

I just replaced my flap with one I bought from xtremepowersports website, fairly quick delivery , and the improved 07 flap was only $30.20 plus $23 for shipping to Canada. Here they are over $100 bucks new. I'd like to support my local dealers but a $70 price difference with the dollar near par is crazy. The exhaust gaskets are $22 ea here, $10 each through xtreme.

I installed some straps to mine and it seems to work well.

Attachments

• DSCN1094 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1094 (Large).JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 105
I have the straps too and it still has got caught enough for the studs to shred the bottom edge. It didn't or hasn't jammed in the track though. This is with the flap cut at the line just below your screws on the straps. Hard use I guess and a big guy on the seat.

Flap solution

Here's an easy fix. drill 2 holes in the bottom of the flap. Reach into the trunk, and get your short bungie. Put a hook in one hole, wrap around bumper, then insert the other end of the bungee in the other hole. Reverse procedure after backing up.

Come on you guys don't think the straps looks rigged up its like duct tape on a fuel line you know it will work but its not right. There has to be a better fix out there.

Hey mattsapex your right..
I've done alittle work to mine ..
My sled is a 121 so i raised it to the trim piece and angled it back like the ,11...
Looks awesome.. And easy to do
Sunday I'll post some pics of the flap and the piece i made on mine..

Back