• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowmobile plow

Saw it at HayDays and did a double take.......walked over and asked them if this was a joke, they looked at me like I was a dumb f&%* and tried to sell me one. I asked them how well my a-arms and subframe would hold up and they stated "it has a shear pin" LOL ok buddie I want what ever your smokin :drink:

There are several guys around here who have plows on their widetracks and not one of them have studs in their tracks and they keep their short driveways clear all winter and our winters are long right from earily november to mid may. I think they mount them to where the bolt goes through the skies. It sounds funny but it do work. We don't have pavement around here and our roads are snow and ice covered all winter so this givesa good traction probably wouldn't work real great on pavement. One things forsure tho i would NOT mount this on a nytro or apex only on a widetrack with lowgear.

As far as traction is concerned, I plow snow with a Yamaha Rhino (6 foot Moose plow). When the snow is heavy and wet, I take the wife along for traction! For some this may not work, since there is a technical load limit of 400 pounds bed load!

rupprider said:
...For some this may not work, since there is a technical load limit of 400 pounds bed load!

OUCH!!! :hide:

I saw it at haydays also.I'm sure it works good until you hit something hard and frozen.Then its time to find the weakest link ( a-arms )

LazyBastard said:
That will DEFINITELY *NOT WORK*.

Forgetting entirely about attaching it efficiently, there is NO WAY that you will EVER have enough traction to actually push a plow with a sled.... *MAYBE* a vk or vkpro type sled, IFF it had about a million spikes and 400 pounds of ballast in the rack. Aside from that... no. Not a chance.

Of course you could, I know lots of ppl who uses plows on snowsleds and it works fine.

To me it seems like there is a hole in the logic side of this idea. Snowmobile are ment to be ridden on snow, it need snow for traction and turning and stuff. Plowing is not something a snowmobile is designed to do.

rotflmfao!!!!! that is messed up.. I certainly don't buy my sleds for utility purposes.. I can guarantee I'll NEVER own one of them...

LazyBastard said:
rupprider said:
since there is a technical load limit of 400 pounds bed load!

And you believe it?

A little note about things like weight capacities... they are ALWAYS printed as HALF or LESS of the reasonable limit. This is done for liability and tolerance purposes.

Yup.. I put about 1000lbs in my rhinos box and 2 adults in the front seats and drove 7 miles back in the woods to camp. She works fine and still dumps... Love it!!

Back