• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

So is the XTX living up to all its hype?

NB-NYTRO

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
So is the XTX living up to all its hype? Has anyone driven theirs yet? I have not bought a sled yet.. My dealer is trying to push an XTX on me like its the best thing ever. I'm a hardcore ditch banger and I'm really apprehensive on getting a long tracked sled. I do however like the tunnel better then the 08 tunnel. I watched the Yamaha DVD again the other night and I still can't logically see how this whale of a sled can handle like a short track and beat it in a drag race.

Havent rode mine anywhere but on the grass yet but i am loving it so far, coming off an 06 apex GT i can already till that its going to be more my style, i have been waiting for a sled like this from yamaha for years. i didnt want to go to a 154"+ cause i do trail riding aswell as boondockin, I bleed blue and i hate to say it i almost went to the dark side and got a renagade cause yamaha didnt have a crossover but now they do. I know this isnt going to help much but there my 2cents :yam:

NB-NYTRO said:
So is the XTX living up to all its hype? Has anyone driven theirs yet? I have not bought a sled yet.. My dealer is trying to push an XTX on me like its the best thing ever. I'm a hardcore ditch banger and I'm really apprehensive on getting a long tracked sled. I do however like the tunnel better then the 08 tunnel. I watched the Yamaha DVD again the other night and I still can't logically see how this whale of a sled can handle like a short track and beat it in a drag race.
Well, going from riding a half a year as a shorthy then converting over to a 144 with the Ulmer rails for the other half, I can tell you first had that it DOES handle similar to a shorty ( I noticed no diff) and in 660 picked it up large in the holeshot/midrange due to traction. This is snowracing keep in mind, not studded on hardpack. I lost mph but I do blame that on the 1.75 . Wth a light 1.25 I don't think there would be much change at all.
Some members here on TY last year , seen first hand and would definitly confirm my sleds performance last year even on fairly hardpacked surfaces in 660 against the 800 r and apex's last year, it definiyly held it's own .

Daranello said:
I'll let ya know tommorow, going out on its first ride

Can you PM on your experience when you get back. Have a good run. I got to make a decision soon. I have deposit on an XP. I might be backing out though.

I like mine. Man this thing has torque. I do not have much to compare to other then 800 gades. Feels alot stronger out of the hole. This thing takes bumps pretty well too. Just pounding the ditches like I am on a couch so far. My legs are not that tired after from absorbing bumps.

I've not ridden an XTX but was underwhelmed when they introduced it simply because of the rear skid. It's just a 144 version of the CK skid they had in the '05 Vector. Back then the 144 was in the two up touring sled.

I cracked the front arm in my CK and that was a common problem. It has been reinforced since then but the CK is not in the same league as a stock, dual shock rear Nytro skid.

Daranello said:
AKrider....drinking much last night.......or did you pass out on the enter key?

:drink: :drink: :drink: That's some funny stuff there! ;)!

I kept looking thinking something would be different.

I'm afraid you won't get to many answers untill the first weekend in December, at least from WI/MI riders as trails in MI do not open till the first. Don't know about the east coast and prob not too many from west have XTX.
You will have to wait with the rest of us.

;)! :tg:

I have rode my wifes xtx around our property a little this week, and yes this is a nice feeling sled.... Not alot to say, but very torquey, it feels great out of the hole and is very comfortable standing or sitting..... as far as any hardcore riding, nothing yet here in MI until after the 1st....

If i needed a new sled this year, i would buy another xtx for sure.... my 07 attak will be in the stable for another year or two before i upgrade.

Back