• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sorry, gotta vent.....

jds1000 said:
I guess people just want to hear the good stuff and not the problem things. Look at my profile and you will see I'm not a complainer and I've defended Yamaha many many times. I have had my ball joints on my Nytro changed and the donuts on my Apex and all the other things that had to be done like getting rid of the Yamaha crap skis. I found out about these things from this forum and I'm glad there were others who posted the problems. I guess I missed the one about the wire harness rubbing through under the engine of the Nytro. Maybe now others will have thier sleds checked before they are out of town riding hundreds of miles from thier trucks.

I wasn't speaking about your post alone when I started this post. However, since you chimed in.....My only problem with the post about your wifes Nytro was the fact that you felt you had to hype your Doo while explaining the whole situation. If you would have just given us the situation and what came out of it, great, more info to tuck away for another day when I may need it. All the other stuff just came off sounding a little pretentious.

Description of pretentious - American Heritage® Dictionary
ADJECTIVE: 1. Claiming or demanding a position of distinction or merit, especially when unjustified.

Get the hair up boys. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and can express themselves how they want within the parameters of this sites rules. I've had guys pick a sentence out of a paragraph and try to argue instead od looking at the bigger picture and catching the point. Take what you want from whatever anyone says and deem it to whatever usefullness you se fit. Do not tell them what to say or how to say it as we are not all english majors here. So this makes us better than the rest by accepting everyone and their opinions. It takes all kind to make the world go 'round. You may not be able to choose your family, but you can choose your friends. Maybe I'm the only one who who isn't "Hard to Please". I LOVE MY XTX TOO !!!!

Guys I was starting to look real hard at a 1200doo., till I went to doo talk a read a post from Yellowknife saying how bad it really is......

If ya want to read great things about yamaha goto dootalk...I ya want to read great things about doo stay here on TY....people love to vent

Daranello said:
Guys I was starting to look real hard at a 1200doo., till I went to doo talk a read a post from Yellowknife saying how bad it really is......

If ya want to read great things about yamaha goto dootalk...I ya want to read great things about doo stay here on TY....people love to vent

You must be doing some selective reading. Have you read about all the problems he has had with his Nytro and Phazer? My god he has had both engines replaced and everything in between replaced. :o| The good news is Yamaha Canada and his dealer have been awesome. They really stand behind thier products. ;)! I wouldn't base how a sled is by one guy who rode a demo for 140 miles. Too many guys have given big thumbs down reports about Nytros and Apex's from demo rides. I read his report and some of the stuff he wrote made me wonder what sled he rode. I know he wouldn't have had the same impression had he taken mine for a ride. We can all agree to disagree but the bottom line is the nytros not for everyone. The good news is my wife just can't say enough good things about her Nytro. She is extremely happy with it and that makes me happy. I don't have to like it, I don't ride it enough to matter anyway. I just pay for it and maintain it with the help of many people on this site. ;)!

Nice sled but the engine is the deal breaker. My mtd 14 hp riding lawn mower has better throttle response.

Turk said:
Nice sled but the engine is the deal breaker. My mtd 14 hp riding lawn mower has better throttle response.

Turk, that's only cause you clutched your mtd.....are you having issues with grass clipping build up on the back of the blades?

Daranello said:
Turk said:

Turk, that's only cause you clutched your mtd.....are you having issues with grass clipping build up on the back of the blades?

ROFLMAO!

jds1000 said:
You must be doing some selective reading. Have you read about all the problems he has had with his Nytro and Phazer? My god he has had both engines replaced and everything in between replaced.

I'm 95% sure you're wrong about the FX Nytro Motor so I would suggest you post a link to back that up. I'm certain I know what you're thinking about but you've confused sleds in his thread. The Nytro that blew up was a friend of his and was a carb model. Yamaha origionally changed the motor OUT of warrenty due to the timing chain BULLETIN. The second time the motor blew up was a result of oil loss.

You're getting attacked here because you are posting with too much editorial and emotion. The higher road is to ignore the jabs, continued participation in this crap is just like TROLLING.

I started the year with two new XTXs. I struggled to make them acceptable to ride using pretty much everything else on the market as the standard. When riding with my friends I was sucking hind tit no matter what I did. Enough was enough. I made the final and most important mod to my XTXs to date. I bought a couple of Etec Renegades. Problem solved. It really was that simple for me. I have not criticized Yamaha during this transition. The Nytro is a nice machine and it apparently suits some guys very well. It did not suit me. Live and learn.

I don't understand why anyone would be threatened or offended by somebody else's choice in sleds. Ride what you want. Me? I ride to have fun. Mission accomplished.

Stewart

The Nytro on the podium is not the one underneath your butt. To stewardb, you got it brother. Your posts in the past have dead honest opinions stated for you and how you ride. Most people cannot understand anothers opinion due to the fog of their own understanding. Good to see your still around though.

scott32 said:
The Nytro on the podium is not the one underneath your butt. To stewardb, you got it brother. Your posts in the past have dead honest opinions stated for you and how you ride. Most people cannot understand anothers opinion due to the fog of their own understanding. Good to see your still around though.

Same engine same chassis with someone on it that knows how to ride it.

Same engine block, same general chassis. Beefed up with completely different front suspension and geometry. Different sub frame. I'll bet that engine is running way more than 130Hp. Take a look at the pics posted in this Nytro General area. That's not my sled or yours. But yes it's great to see blue up there. And our trail versions make us proud to own one.

Back