• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sorry, gotta vent.....

I think it's ridiculous and petty for these doo-heads to come on this site and claim Yamaha sleds are anything less than perfect. What are these people thinking? This makes as much sense as mixing gas and oil.

This site needs a (child-proof) lock on the door to keep out the offensive riff-raff!

Of course, the entertainment value will drop significantly if this happens.

it's usually a guy with 6 posts saying how bad his xtx sucks and he's gonna go get a new doo 1200.

08 header pipe broke in half at 2nd weld, I have a new one on the way, 2nd day of a 4 day trip. NO PROBLEM I pulled out old reliable 03 rx1 and put a bashing on buddy's 07 800 renegade's 3 of them, 1 stock, 1 pipe only, 1 pipe, clutch and reeds. My nytro walked on them and my rx1 punished them it was ugly. 1 doo blew motor 1 blew belt after 320 miles and 1 ran flawlessly...4 yamaha's mine was the only one with a problem... should have left it stock.

arteeex said:
I think it's ridiculous and petty for these doo-heads to come on this site and claim Yamaha sleds are anything less than perfect. What are these people thinking? This makes as much sense as mixing gas and oil.

This site needs a (child-proof) lock on the door to keep out the offensive riff-raff!

No kidding and now all of a sudden four strokes are ok because doo makes one now. :jump:

Sled Dog said:
arteeex said:

No kidding and now all of a sudden four strokes are ok because doo makes one now. :jump:

I hope your not talking about me. I switched to 4 strokes 4 years ago and haven't bought a 2 stroke since. The only reason I bought a 1200 is because I'm forever a 4 stroke guy now. I'm not a "Doo head" either. I'm just as much a Yamie head as a Doo head since I own 2 of each.

Attachments

• Turbo 169.jpg
    Turbo 169.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Turbo 171.jpg
    Turbo 171.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 62
stewartb said:
I started the year with two new XTXs. I struggled to make them acceptable to ride using pretty much everything else on the market as the standard. When riding with my friends I was sucking hind tit no matter what I did. Enough was enough. I made the final and most important mod to my XTXs to date. I bought a couple of Etec Renegades. Problem solved. It really was that simple for me. I have not criticized Yamaha during this transition. The Nytro is a nice machine and it apparently suits some guys very well. It did not suit me. Live and learn.

I don't understand why anyone would be threatened or offended by somebody else's choice in sleds. Ride what you want. Me? I ride to have fun. Mission accomplished.

Stewart

Etec?? As in 2 stroke versions? I hope you did not buy the 800's. Just talked with a Doo mechanic last night. He told me the number one selling part on all 800 Doo's is the long block. Yes the crankcase, crank, cylinders and pistons. That would be the motor. Another thing he noted. He said alot of customers are coming back after a year of ownership (1-2000 miles) complaining of less than normal performance. Apparently the exhaust ports are so big on this motor that the ring starts wearing on the edges of the ports and they start to lose compression. They should normally be around 145 psi and he has seen several drop below 120 psi. NO THANKS for me IMO.

It is not possible to be both a doo-head and a Yamie-head simultaneously. You could be a Yama-Dude or His Yama-Dudeness, or uh, Yama-Duder, or El Yama-Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing, but not both.

arteeex said:
It is not possible to be both a doo-head and a Yamie-head simultaneously. You could be a Yama-Dude or His Yama-Dudeness, or uh, Yama-Duder, or El Yama-Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing, but not both.
You just continue to crack me up!! :-o

journeyman said:
Etec?? As in 2 stroke versions? I hope you did not buy the 800's. Just talked with a Doo mechanic last night. He told me the number one selling part on all 800 Doo's is the long block. Yes the crankcase, crank, cylinders and pistons. That would be the motor. Another thing he noted. He said alot of customers are coming back after a year of ownership (1-2000 miles) complaining of less than normal performance. Apparently the exhaust ports are so big on this motor that the ring starts wearing on the edges of the ports and they start to lose compression. They should normally be around 145 psi and he has seen several drop below 120 psi. NO THANKS for me IMO.

The Etec is only produced in 600cc, and the reason I chose it was that I've always been a 600 guy. That's also why I bought the Nytro. So far my Etec 600s are performing admirably and are getting about 40% better mileage than the Nytros. They may not be for everyone, but they're working exceptionally well for me.

All you guys with your narrow-minded views and stereotypical horror stories about any other brands in general need to get out more. No brand is perfect. That's why there are 4 viable manufacturers competing in the market. I currently own 3 different brands, including 3 Yamahas. Go figure. I have no interest in convincing anyone that one manufacturer is superior to another. I'm only interested in which sled suits my purpose better. That said, there's nothing wrong with preferring what you have. After all, that's why you have it. The same can be said for me.

Stewart

arteeex said:

I now get on this Site Just to read Arteeex's Posts its always Hilarious,
Also FOR HEAVENS SAKES JDS 1000 get off it dude really you and obnoxious winey little girl you think everyone is pickin on you since your gay post about ur wifes less unacceptable ride where a wire rubbed through. COULD HAPPEN ON ANY VEHICLE ITS NOT YAMAHAS FAULT SH1T HAPPENs. I sincerely think you should go but another 1200 and get onn DOO TALK and NEVER LOG BACK ON TO TY

jds1000 said:
Daranello said:
Guys I was starting to look real hard at a 1200doo., till I went to doo talk a read a post from Yellowknife saying how bad it really is......

If ya want to read great things about yamaha goto dootalk...I ya want to read great things about doo stay here on TY....people love to vent

You must be doing some selective reading. ;)!

I'll say. The 1200 has been getting some pretty lofty reviews.

I wouldn't let one man's opinion influence the sled you buy... or anything in life really right? :4STroke:

Arnold08 said:
arteeex said:

Also FOR HEAVENS SAKES JDS 1000 get off it dude really you and obnoxious winey little girl you think everyone is pickin on you since your gay post about ur wifes less unacceptable ride where a wire rubbed through. COULD HAPPEN ON ANY VEHICLE ITS NOT YAMAHAS FAULT SH1T HAPPENs. I sincerely think you should go but another 1200 and get onn DOO TALK and NEVER LOG BACK ON TO TY

ARnold08 and the rest of ya's, Name calling will get you booted of the site so cool the jets. The poor guy simply stated his miss hap and in turn boasted a little about how satisfied he was with his doo. A Doo that can show potential and everyone is threatened by it. It's his opinion and he vented the way he saw fit. You don't have to like it. Just accept it. He didn't call the nytro a pos he simply stated some facts to improve the nytro for his style. How many guys on here installed a trail tank. I think almost everyone whined about tank size early on. This kind of get yer back up behavior will ruin the site more than the competition being on here talking up their sleds. Prove it, don't smack talk it. :4STroke: :yam:

I'm a Yamaha and Doo guy. Well never mind last week I sold my XP. But I by no means consider myself a Yamaha guy. I want what works best for the way I ride. In the last 2 years alone I have owned Cat, Yamaha, and Doo. Next year I might buy a second sled and I'm looking at a Rush. Why the Rush? Because its some thing new and is pushing the limits in design. In 2002 There were many that mocked the Rev. Now for 2010 all four manufactures market rider forward sleds. Yamaha pushed 4 strokes into sleds. Is everyone else coping Yamaha? No, each manufacture is producing what the buyers want as a whole.

The XP is a great chassis but its like anything else you must get it dialed in for the way you ride. It took me about 500 miles to get the Doo set up for the way I ride. Once dialed in I could out handle any sled I ever had, including my Nytro. It took me 500+ miles to get the Nytro set up right. I really like my Nytro but both have things I love.

Your naive if you think the Yamaha is the king in sleds. Yamaha makes a great product however like all the others, they have there issues to. Same as Cat, Poo, and Doo. No one is ever going to make a sled that is 100% bullet proof.

Arnold08 said:
arteeex said:

Yep I too just come on this site to read what Arteeex has to say. He is so funny he should be in show business. LaLaLa . I won't post anymore of my whinny little girl stuff. I'll just keep it positive and be sure to post how wonderful everything is in Yamaha land. :jump: I would also suggest that everybody keep it positive and not post anything negative about your sleds unless they are SkiDoos.
Now for some positive news. I brought my sled to my dealer and they will take care of getting my money from Yamaha for the repairs up in Canada. Also my dealer said that when my sled was in for new ball joints and bushings they performed the bullitin on the wire harness and installed a clamp on it like Yamaha instructed. I guess not all fixes work all the time. Either way I'm sure when I get it back it will be the most perfect sled ever.
:-o :yam: :4STroke: :rules

Back