• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Speculation: is Yamaha getting played by cat?

Absurd...Explain the missing skid with missing answers.... Advertised in detail and then not provided... Maybe the periphial stuff is absurd... But not that

Absurd...Explain the missing skid with missing answers.... Advertised in detail and then not provided... Maybe the periphial stuff is absurd... But not that

I feel the riders who early ordered deserve, at the very least, I letter of apology and three very good options to make things right.

$300 gift card towards accessories, wearables?
$$$$ extended warranty
$1000 credit towards a 2018

Idk, I can understand why steve is questioning someone's integrity.

Have you tried writing a letter to Yamaha? I know, it's like "what for?"

I honestly can't say how I would have handled that situation. Probably not as diplomatic as you guys have.

As always, manufacturers cover themselves by saying. subject to change. Everyone knows it going in. Let see if problems develop before going off on them. On a positive note for my sled, I'm glad the subject to change rules applied becoause the proto windshields on the orange and black SE looked terrible. I was pleasantly surprised to see the orange added to the production model.

No issues with 2011 Apex. 4300 miles...None.

Really? I have had tunnel protector issues, broken power valve cables and broken the mono adjuster cables after I changed over from a float. Finally I took the cable and adjuster off and adjust it by hand now with the Barn of Parts kit. 17,000 miles on my 2011 Apex SE to date.. oh ya I had the Mega Float go out on me and that's why I changed it over to the Mono shock II shock.

Also, I'm not saying that it doesn't suck for they guys expecting RR rails, but before i ordered mine, my dealer said he checked into it and the rails would be the same on both LE and SE. This topic has really been beat to death, but know that I understand the aggravation.

I'm a little frustrated at Yamaha and the lack of accessories. I got the spring order $600 in accessories and half my order is on back order. I had to get my tunnel protectors from cat. My rear tunnel bag and windshield bag back ordered till 1 st week in January. I ended putting on a Viper windshield due to no good mid hieght available from Yamaha. My Sidewinder jacket is nowhere to be seen and my goggle bag is missing in action as well. Sure seems like after the US shut down of the Sled division over the summer they turned out the lights on sleds. Hopefully I'm wrong and Yamaha will get a handle on things soon but I'm not holding my breath. When I talked to the reps at the fall sled shows it was like talking to people who had no idea what was even going on in the sled world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's no different then most industry now days. The pride in what you create is gone. Everything now days is all about how much $ can be shook out of peoples pockets and how fast it can be done. Personally I don't care if things have problems. What I do care about is how they are dealt with. So far Yamaha has been doing a piss poor job with these cross dressing sleds. I get it things happen.... So fix it in a timely manor. Stop leaving people in the dark for the whole season or seasonS when speaking of the viper flash..

Its not that Cat is playing Yamaha its just that Yamaha doesn't give a crap about snowmobiles. Sidewinder was Cats doing without a doubt. If Yamaha cared they would fix the Vipers and do something for the spring buyers they screwed over the last 3 years. They don't care or have given control to Cat. Still love the Warranty and Motor of Yamaha vs Cat or others. Comfortable working on them and always liked blue. Too much $ in to them and years left in both mine. #1 reason is TY. That's all that's keeping me on one unless I see something to change my mind. So far efforts have been pitiful last 4 years.They cant even put out a legible manual. Would not have believed it after all they did for the Phazer and SRX owners. Things change though. So far loving my 2 stroke experience again. Definitly a bit more work involved but having a blast riding it. Hope things change quickly for the better.

I'm a little frustrated at Yamaha and the lack of accessories. I got the spring order $600 in accessories and half my order is on back order. I had to get my tunnel protectors from cat. My rear tunnel bag and windshield bag back ordered till 1 st week in January. I ended putting on a Viper windshield due to no good mid hieght available from Yamaha. My Sidewinder jacket is nowhere to be seen and my goggle bag is missing in action as well. Sure seems like after the US shut down of the Sled division over the summer they turned out the lights on sleds. Hopefully I'm wrong and Yamaha will get a handle on things soon but I'm not holding my breath. When I talked to the reps at the fall sled shows it was like talking to people who had no idea what was even going on in the sled world!

We l always recommend taking the $400 dealer credit/discount Vs the Yamaha $600 Acc retail credit. 1) you can spend the money any way you want. 2) it can be used at wholesale pricing and not at retail.
We have sold more AC and aftermarket Accessories to Sidewinder customers by far over OEM Yamaha Accessories and apparel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who, owns who??? Lol! That is the question that will get an answer in the next 5yrs.

You guys don't think Yamaha is going to help with engineering down the road? I can see it coming now.

In terms of sales, who won? I'd say this partnership has helped Yamaha sales by an overwhelming margin.

In the end, we have loose bolts & some flat rollers. Lol!

People aren't bitching. I come here to get informed!! and to fix it or make my dealer aware of my concerns.

My god!!! The Sidewinder is a gift from the snowmobiling gods!

Any one pull the throttle and not get rewarded with arm stretching results? just wait till the boxes from your favorite h/p guy start coming in the mail. After the several pulls I've experienced, that #*$&@ is going to have to wait.

I find the handling capabilities even more impressive. in the garage it moves around like tug boat. I thought to myself, "wtf have I done!' On the trails and right out of the box...handles like a 2stroke. very impressive. I couldn't believe it. shock valving & spring rates are so dialed in......

If this sled can deliver 14mpg (just for the range factor when cruising.) unbelievable?????

I've spent over 300pgs on dootalk. they think I'm a lair. they think Yamaha hasn't delivered! But I know Yamaha has delivered. we have a 200h/p missile capable of handling with the very best. And 14mpg to boot! are you f******crazy!

I'm not knocking the other manufacturers. But who the F*** makes this kind of sled. Loose bolts and flat rollers, my #*$&@!!!!

It's my honor and privilege to tear it up or just cruise the trails on the baddest production sled on the planet.

Thank you Yamaha....it's nice to be back home.
Rite on....

I am sure I'm wrong....but I think Yamaha doesn't get how invested and, "in-tune," yamaha sled owners are, and is probably running 5 years behind on information dissemination. Letting Chris's blog slip away was probably a mistake, and could have prevented most of the upset new owners feel.

If Yamaha simply had a portal or email system, but more ideally return to a blog run by one of the engineers tearing sleds down....we'd be much happier getting real time info. versus owners doing the leg work on small issues.

If for example, the R&D blog posted they're looking into soft rollers....Id happily upgrade to their suggestions. If I have to find out the #*$&@ the hard way, hope my dealer pays attention, ect....id look at it like Yamaha didn't care, and is being secretive. Same on the RR skid....simply tell me, vs hiding it.

Most of Yamaha's work is already done.....thanks to Mr Sled and the great contributors here. How hard can it be, to assign a few hours a day to a R&D guy, to keep passionate owners in the loop?

Q. Arrius

Back