• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Speeding ticket

Speed limit at night sucks here in wisconsin because you can see better at night . But 30 mph screw that !

No speed limits in Maine unless posted by landowner. I have been stopped by game wardens many times checking registration stickers. They can ticket you for speed not reasonable ( must stay to the right in your lane) They set up cones on corners and if you hit one or go to the other lane than you get a ticket. I tend to agree with the policy and it sure relates to safety and not just collecting $$. ;)! :sled1:
Just my 2 cents from the USA!

snobill said:
Speed limit at night sucks here in wisconsin because you can see better at night .

But that's also when the "overserved" are out & about........

Well if anyone thinks I was exaggerating about police presents !! Get this !! My wife's yells out who's that riding though the yard ?? Must be my neighbor !! Not its an OPP sled using our path on my land to get to the lake.

new rob said:
Well if anyone thinks I was exaggerating about police presents !! Get this !! My wife's yells out who's that riding though the yard ?? Must be my neighbor !! Not its an OPP sled using our path on my land to get to the lake.
Should have take'n his plate#, called the cops & charge him with trespassing!!!!!! :jump:

I got ticketed WITHOUT radar. Cop said I was obviously speeding. Ticket says " Speeding in excess of 50 km/hr on public trail" I could of fought it but then I have to drive back 6hrs for the court date.

rangermaxx said:
I was running the trail from Marmora to Bancroft yesterday and cops were doing radar on that section just south of bancroft

Bancroft is alway bad! I was told there is an OPP trng centre there so always expect an increased police presence in and around there.

Curious, what are the trails like in and around Marmora?
We have a trailer on Crowe Lake and I have been itching to ride there for the past few years.
(I couldn't make it but my bud's did a couple yrs ago)

Attachments

• photo #7 (Large).JPG
    photo #7 (Large).JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 74
Yamaha Power to Satisfy said:
Curious, they checked on chin straps? You are talking about the chin straps on a helmet? I wear mine all the time and understand it is a safety feature so your helmet can't come off but can they really give you a ticket for that? You could be technically wearing a helmet even if you don't do up the chin strap. :dunno:

Not saying its smart to ride without doing it up but do know people that have a hard time with the strap and just don't bother with it. They say the helmet is too tight to come off anyway.

Yep chin straps on the helmets. One even commented to our lead guy that his was nice and tight.

Many years ago I hit a pressure crack with one ski and I was ejected from the sled. When I finally stopped bouncing I couldn't see anything. My helmet had pushed up so my eyes were even with the chin guard of the helmet, not to mention it was full of snow. If it wasn't for the chin strap the helmet would have been long gone and things could have ended badly. I always do the chin strap up either on sled, bike, or ATV. I've had my close call.

On a side note, out of the 20 or so times we have been stopped, not once has a OPP asked us if we had been drinking or packing alcohol. We did get stopped, 3years ago, at a check point near Parry Sound that had stopped a group that had 2 stolen sleds in it the day before. They were also nice and polite and we stayed and talked with them for a bit.

Tycho998 said:
On a side note, out of the 20 or so times we have been stopped, not once has a OPP asked us if we had been drinking or packing alcohol. We did get stopped, 3years ago, at a check point near Parry Sound that had stopped a group that had 2 stolen sleds in it the day before. They were also nice and polite and we stayed and talked with them for a bit.

Its unfortunate many of the OPP choose to do easy charges just to make noise that they are making a presence. Drinking and riding requires a Breathalyzer. Fail that then the OPP is responsible to make sure the rider does not ride anymore, but yet still has to bring him/her to nearest road crossing to meet up with a cruiser to go in for another test. Yeah the cop would just love double riding a drunk carcass on the back of their pride 60hp sleds.
Its so much easier to just give out an improper displayed validation sticker or shooting fish in a barrel with a radar gun pointed at a fresh railroad grade highway trail. Sad but true.

Dan

big guy said:
I got ticketed WITHOUT radar. Cop said I was obviously speeding. Ticket says " Speeding in excess of 50 km/hr on public trail" I could of fought it but then I have to drive back 6hrs for the court date.

How much does a ticket like that go for? Does it affect your insurance on your sled and or vehicle?

The trails around Marmora were really good, at least the rail trail anyway

rangermaxx said:
big guy said:

How much does a ticket like that go for? Does it affect your insurance on your sled and or vehicle?

The trails around Marmora were really good, at least the rail trail anyway

It's $110 and nothing on license or insurance. Almost all tickets given on the trail could be fought and won. Problem is that most don't have the time to fight it. I think that's why it's no higher then $110, because if it were, people would challenge the charges more.

Dan

Back