• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Speeding ticket

Thanks guys, I guess I'm never going to Ontario. I wonder how much a ticket would be for going 100 mph? I'll stay in the states.

that's what's even dumber Farm dog, it's the same fine for 10 over or 110 over. So you might as well go as fast as you can so they don't see your tags.

This is true 101 km in a 50 km = $110 good thing is you don't lose points and hopefully insurance company doesn't find out !!!

new rob said:
This is true 101 km in a 50 km = $110

Hmmmmmmm........

$140 for a 7 day permit
$110 if you happen to go 32 mph

Trails worth $250 + room & board = I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!

(Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to have ridden there but with this cockamamie speed limit, that won't ever happen now)

thats to bad sounds like Ontario is going to be missing out tourist dollars if they dont soon get smart its just the friggin accidents so they think they can fix them with speed limits or they are just money hungry and i guess its an easy way to put in a shift

tickets

Speeding tickets!!! I would be jailed for life by now LOLLL... :sled1:

A cop friend of mine here in Ontario once told me there is no money in chasing criminals as they usually don't have money to pay the fines. This is why they target vehicles as well as snowmobilers, boaters, etc because they figure that since we can afford the cars, trucks & recreational vehicles that we can afford to pay the hefty fines!!!!!
I work my butt off all week just so that I can ride & rid myself of the weekly build up of stress......kinda hard to do that when you know there is a cop out there just waiting to bust you!!!! :o|

We were sitting in a diner once with our gear on and the gas pump guy kept coming in and telling us about guys getting caught up the road for speeding and the fines that they were paying (on the spot). One guy got $85, the next $105 and a few more while we had lunch. What a cash grab.

Here's a question though. A friend told me that if you get caught on the road doing 50 over the limit in Ontario it is the same penalty as doing it in a car which is called 'Street Racing' or 'Stunt Driving' and means automatic 7 day impound of sled / suspension of license and up to $10,000 fine . Can anyone confirm that? If so it makes so much sense to just pin it and head for the bush.

YammyRX1 said:
We were sitting in a diner once with our gear on and the gas pump guy kept coming in and telling us about guys getting caught up the road for speeding and the fines that they were paying (on the spot). One guy got $85, the next $105 and a few more while we had lunch. What a cash grab.

Here's a question though. A friend told me that if you get caught on the road doing 50 over the limit in Ontario it is the same penalty as doing it in a car which is called 'Street Racing' or 'Stunt Driving' and means automatic 7 day impound of sled / suspension of license and up to $10,000 fine . Can anyone confirm that? If so it makes so much sense to just pin it and head for the bush.

Pg 62, post 1235 it starts, just have to read further on to get the correct answer, and no, it's not what you're thinking above.
http://www.freedomsledder.com/forums/in ... 38&st=1220

Farm dog said:
Thanks guys, I guess I'm never going to Ontario. I wonder how much a ticket would be for going 100 mph? I'll stay in the states.
I have been riding sleds since I was 9yrs old (I am now 48) and I have never been charge for speeding once.

Your statement is silly, you make it sound like you would never drive on any hwys, roads, streets etc in any province/state because you might get a speeding ticket?

Irv said:
YammyRX1 said:

Pg 62, post 1235 it starts, just have to read further on to get the correct answer, and no, it's not what you're thinking above.
http://www.freedomsledder.com/forums/in ... 38&st=1220

Irv, if you look at post 1226 in that thread it appears that you can be charged on the road.

I have to agree with Irv. I've yet to see a speed trap on the trail. And I've only been stopped twice to check paper work (STOP patrol), both times on a Saturday.

Don't throw away a chance to ride Ontario because you have a chance at getting a speeding ticket, there's also a chance you'll get struck by lightning tomorrow.

But I would suggest you have your stock exhaust if you're going to ride the week-ends. ;)!

Back