• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Split Rail Ski Help

JP_YFZ

Hi All,
I picked up a set of split rails skis used, the end of the season last year. I just got the spindles and a-arms back from powder coating. While attempting to mount the spindles up with the provide hardware, I noticed a big gap between the spindle and the ball joint bushings. The skis didn't come with any instructions, so I'm not sure what the deal is with the extra space. Seems dumb to shim that out with washers... Anyone have any information of these? Sled is a '11 RTX. Thanks!!
g to
photo.JPG

I had tried that originally, but it still looks like there in enough room for one more washer. I will put the washers on top and bottom then tightened it up. Maybe that will draw it down? If not I'll add one more washer, just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks for the help!

Hold on - you are missing the 'stock' collars that fit in each end of that ball joint, then the stock washers sit on the top and bottom of that, bolt then passes through them. That will consume the void in the spindle leaving virtually no space. Pm me and I can we can exchange emails and I will send you the schematic drawing and torque settings for the bolts.
MS

Back