• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sport Haven Trailers

Brinson marine on Onondaga hill has them. Tri tank on Farrell rd can order one in for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brinson marine on Onondaga hill has them. Tri tank on Farrell rd can order one in for you.

Thanks. I saw that too after I did the dealer search. Have you looked at them at all?

No I scored a blizzard 12 last year for 300, called up Duane and he hooked me up with a sno cap for a song. Tows easy with my little #*$&@ RAV4. Like the wishbone front hitch over my old triton single beam tongue, the single beam is loosy goosy after a while with wear, the wishbone is tighter than 2 coats of paint after 4 seasons.

No I scored a blizzard 12 last year for 300, called up Duane and he hooked me up with a sno cap for a song. Tows easy with my little #*$&@ RAV4. Like the wishbone front hitch over my old triton single beam tongue, the single beam is loosy goosy after a while with wear, the wishbone is tighter than 2 coats of paint after 4 seasons.

Score!

Anyone ever heard of them or has/had one before? Looking for reviews before I make a 6 hour round trip to tire kick and maybe buy one.

http://www.sporthaventrailers.com/
Just picked one up and my buddy got one last year. Very nice trailer.
Trailer.JPG

Interesting question, tire placard on the trailer says 50 psi at load, empty trailer the tires look fine, with a load the tires look very low. Sidewall of tire says 80 psi at max load, set to 80 and they look normal now. Anyone run into this on these 13" tires on the SH trailers?
:yam::4STroke:

Those look like skinnies on the pictured trailer, I'd want wides so the trailer floats on snow rather than tracks and digs into the snow, but then its just me.

In any case if you have skinnies they will wrinkle sidewalls easier under load than a wide at the same psi, you have a wider contact patch and it distributes the load across the tire rather than front to back. Does that make sense? If both tires are the same durometer or stiffness, and you run the same psi, you create the same size contact patch in square inches for the same trailer load. If your tire is 8" wide and the contact patch is 16 sqin then you need 2" of front to back squish, if your tire is 4" wide you need 4" of front to back squish. Bottom line, narrow tires look more stressed under load than wide tires. Wide tires conversely are harder to tell they're low on air which can be dangerous. They also tend to grow in height on the highway due to centrifugal force and the lack of support in the middle of the tire, which can cause them to wear the center faster, but also puts all the stress on the center of the tread and much less on the outer edges.

Always follow what the tire says. Not the trailer.
I presented the question to Sport Haven with no response. My buddy has the same trailer and his sidewall says 90 psi, he called his dealer he purchased from and they told him to ignore placard, use sidewall reading. 10ply tires on Superduty trucks call for 80 on rear tires but a lot bigger tire. Never seen a trailer tire call for so much air. Well will run 80 and see what happens, after all I do have a spare if an issue.

My '08 Rance inline 7x16 do/do with 205-75-r14 tires is 50 psi, load range C.
I have 3500# tandem axles carrying the load for 2 Nytros.
80 just seems excessive to me, how much more will it build going down the road?

Tire pressures rise 1 psi for every ten degrees. If set to 80 cold at 0 then drive on highway I could see 5 psi?

Back