• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spring Power Surge Bait and Switch???

subysti04

Extreme
My wife's new sled arrived last week, wooo hooo. 2015 Viper LTX-DX in Black Went to the dealership to pick it up and the dealer tells me they changed the interest rate on the loan. huh? They upped the interest rate by 5% witch would have added about $1200 to the life of the loan. That's BS!! The dealer has been great about this, he didn't need to tell me as I probably wouldn't have even remembered the rate. He tried to fix it with Yamaha/GE finance but they didn't do squat about it. He did get the same rate with a local credit union and gave me a discount on any accessories we added to the sled. Anyone else running in to this? This isn't right seeing that I was approved at a certain rate when I ordered the sled and then they try to up the rate? I did check my credit rating FICO score and my score has gone up so I should have gotten a better rate not worse.

Really?

Interest rate jumped from 3.99% to 8.99%

Yea, not happy about it. Thought Yamaha would do something about it but they never did a thing. What's the point of doing a spring order if they aren't going to honor it? Just thought other people may want to double check their rates before they sign for the sled.

GE has always been a PITA to work with for Doo financing. Your better off to do your own locally. I don't remember who was the supplier was for Yamaha the last time I bought in '03.

Honestly, the cheaper financing thru Yamaha was a big selling point to me.

I don't see the 3.99% rates under "Current Offers" for snowmobiles anymore, but it is still offered on dirtbikes!

I understand it to be: "as low as 3.99"

Gade Thrasher here got the 3.99% deal. I won't know until mine arrives. I might finance or I might pay cash depending how finances go.

Girlfriends last year was the 3.99 but you had to do a 3 year and if late one payment it went to 20 something interest. Didn't finance mine.

I was just at my dealer and his credit source is 3.43% for up to 6 years. He told me they are always less than Yamaha.

I ended up going through a local credit union through the dealer which is fine, plus the discounts on all the accessories. I just think its wrong for Yamaha tro get you in there and approve you with something then 6 months later decide to change it. Bad form Peter.

I know when I spring bought last year I wasn't sure I would have the $ when sled came in so I went for the financing. Had to fill out a application and get approved when I put my 500 down. It did get approved. If you didn't do that at the time maybe it can change. Thankfully I didn't need it.

I was at my dealer this afternoon and he told me besides Yamaha credit, Capital One also provides vehicle financing....3.99%/60 currently.

My salesman just emailed me back. He said current rates thru Capital One is 6.99%. They could change by time my sled shows up.

I'm not sure what to think right now.......I did the "pre-approval" through Yamaha and was approved. I was told I wouldn't be getting their card in the mail til they did the full transaction, otherwise I would have had to start paying for the sled when I snow checked it! Now it sounds like rates have jumped :(

My salesman just emailed me back. He said current rates thru Capital One is 6.99%. They could change by time my sled shows up.

I'm not sure what to think right now.......I did the "pre-approval" through Yamaha and was approved. I was told I wouldn't be getting their card in the mail til they did the full transaction, otherwise I would have had to start paying for the sled when I snow checked it! Now it sounds like rates have jumped :(

Hmmm....now I have to reach out to my dealer and make sure I was informed correctly yesterday. Something tells me the 3.99% he stated to me was outdated from this past Spring and not the current rates.

Back