• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Starter removal.

Not tryin to be an #*$&@ but make sure you check your relays before you get too deep

batterys good. brand new relay. when i turn the key to start position it loads up the starting circuit and drains the power to the dash if you hold it for more then a second.. i can hear the solenoid clicking and working like its spose to. got the CODE 12 appaering on the dash but thats only from the key being turned to the start position without the sensor sensing any movement in the engine. put and amp clamp on the supply to the starter and there over 500 amps being supplied. engines not locked becuase i can turn it over with my hands.
I checked through all the electrical to make sure that harness is in good shape and it is. pretty well narrowed it down to the starter.

yamanytro121 said:
pulled the starter off and the startor is toast
How difficult was it to remove? When I changed the oil today it looks like it is very excessible up past the oil filter but have never removed the starter.

it wasnt to to bad actually. had to remove the oil filter and the front mounting bolts then just pried on the engine a little bit and a buddy wiggled it out... deffintly need a buddy there though. its not possible to get it out with out the front mounting bolts out and a little bit of help from a pry bar

yamanytro121 said:
it wasnt to to bad actually. had to remove the oil filter and the front mounting bolts then just pried on the engine a little bit and a buddy wiggled it out... deffintly need a buddy there though. its not possible to get it out with out the front mounting bolts out and a little bit of help from a pry bar

Thanks! Good to know if I ever have to replace it. How many miles on your sled?

Hey just wondering if anyone out there knows if a starter from a apex will fit on a nytro. the part number on the apex is a 8FP-81890-00-00 and on the nytro its a 8GL-81890-00-00. wondering what the first 3 letters/number represents.

Wondering this because my buddy with an apex has a spare starter and if they are the same then im gonna use his and buy him another one that way i can be on the snow a little quicker.
Thanks for the info

Back