• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stealth 4 wheel kit from JT Racing?

the outside wheels also help keep snow off the back of the track that usually ends up being slung up towards your back and the gear bag .

Hey guys JT Products here.
The outside wheels that use the 6403 bearing is a china bearing as it says right on it. This is the bearing that comes in the wheel from the factory. I get no say in this. I can tell you this bearing has a higher load rating than the 6205 bearing in the inner wheels. NTN are made in different part of the world so I dont know where they came from. I have seen some from Japan and India. Both theses bearing sizes are twice the size as the stock 6004 ones. We have thousands of these kits out there running hard for 5 years now and not one problem reported. If you used the the 6004 bearing that came in the trihub and idlers wheels they are just to dam small to do the amount of load put on them. The 6004 bearings are to ones that are failing all the time that put that bad taste on your mouth. You can thank your cheap sled maker for using them! Run the wheel kits like they came and forget about this as it has never been a problem. The outside wheels can be pulled off the machine easily without having to loosen the track to inspect bearings if your worried. All my stealth kits come with VC-3 reusable red lock tight applied the the threads. If you tighten the bolts tight you will not lose a wheel. That VC-3 lock tight is very $$$ at $30.00 a ounce but works great.

Thanks for getting back to these guys bud....

Doing a great job man!

Anyone install yet. I have.. And I have a VERY SMALL clearance from Middle wheels to the metal bar ( action bar with blocks).. Going to have to run track tight to start.. This is with the 8.5 big wheel in 137.. Should be fine after track stretches. But installing studs really tightened track up. I MIGHT have a 1/8 -with track TIGHT

Anyone install yet. I have.. And I have a VERY SMALL clearance from Middle wheels to the metal bar ( action bar with blocks).. Going to have to run track tight to start.. This is with the 8.5 big wheel in 137.. Should be fine after track stretches. But installing studs really tightened track up. I MIGHT have a 1/8 -with track TIGHT

ran same set on same skid last year (16'zr9ltd) it keeps the track tightened evenly...and it worked perfectly.

like a 1/4"-3/8" right?
No way I can get that much with mine. I installed studs and have not tightened track to a starting point.. BUT NO WAY will I be able to run 2 inches of drop on the track at 20 pounds unless it stretches a bunch. Which it probably will. So it shouldn't be a major problem. But I was VERY surprised at how tight(clearance from middle wheels to metal bar) it was after install AND THEN after studding track. I ran the stealth in a 129 and it was not even close to this distance. I would bet mine will be 1/8 at most after I tighten track.. I will just have to run track tight to start. Thinking

I will take a pic tonight if I get chance. I have a few more studs to put in and I will tighten up track to maybe3/4 at 20 pounds and see what it measures

No way I can get that much with mine. I installed studs and have not tightened track to a starting point.. BUT NO WAY will I be able to run 2 inches of drop on the track at 20 pounds unless it stretches a bunch. Which it probably will. So it shouldn't be a major problem. But I was VERY surprised at how tight(clearance from middle wheels to metal bar) it was after install AND THEN after studding track. I ran the stealth in a 129 and it was not even close to this distance. I would bet mine will be 1/8 at most after I tighten track.. I will just have to run track tight to start. Thinking
Every ones sled is built the same and use the same studs as you are. Have not had anyone say the wheels were rubbing. But they are real close.

i have the race werx coupler adj. and the center wheels are like 1/16 " from them .

2" is way too much to start...and that track will stretch.....tighten it over tight to start...then back it off (in other words using the wheels to pre stretch the track)also make sure your limiter is where you want it...pull it up one if you like and that would give you more also..

just be careful not to break the the discs...

Last edited:

Back