• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stealth 4 wheel kit from JT Racing?

Just installed mine yesterday had a buddy help who has done 2 previously he said he did his last 2 in about 20 mins of course mine took about 2 hours. Man that skid came out hard must be cause everything is new the inner wheels went in extremely hard because of the clearance on the rails. Then had to hit the wheels with a rubber Mallot down to get the wheels to slide down where they need to be because the clearance is so tight with the powdercoat in the rail grooves and doesn't slide tried silicone too which didn't help a lot.
Finally fought with the thing getting it back inside the track and still have yet to put the bolts back in for the skid I'm sure I will be doing some more fighting with that. the wheel kit is a very nice and well made but what makes this so hard being a new sled and the track is not stretched ? Idt you would be able to do this by yourself
Disconnect your tortion springs and it will be a cake walk to line up the back bolts. It's a bitch if you don't.

Don't get it. Just loosened some bolts to spread the rails and did the install in about 15 min..

Idk what I did wrong I thought it was because the track is new and hasn't been stretched. I took the torsion spring tension off and still had a heck of a time getting the skid bolts to line up. Had to use a 2x4 with 2 people pulling up and back underneath track to get the bolts in ?

Now that it's together my father has the same sled and mine only has about 2" of travel now and his has over 5" Pivot in rear isn't coming up as much wheels look to be at a different angle then my fathers stock wheels too.
Hard to explain I can try to get some pictures tomoro

Idk what I did wrong I thought it was because the track is new and hasn't been stretched. I took the torsion spring tension off and still had a heck of a time getting the skid bolts to line up. Had to use a 2x4 with 2 people pulling up and back underneath track to get the bolts in ?

Now that it's together my father has the same sled and mine only has about 2" of travel now and his has over 5" Pivot in rear isn't coming up as much wheels look to be at a different angle then my fathers stock wheels too.
Hard to explain I can try to get some pictures tomoro
Loosen the springs again. Take the rear bolts back out. Now pick up on the bottom of the shock toward the side where it bolts to the skid. The linkage will rotate up and the rear sizzor will move forward away from the transfer blocks. Should be able to line the holes up real easy then. I think you have the rear linkage all out of wack right now.

Any other suggestions I loosened the track completely, unhooked torsion springs, removed rear bolts , and put a jack underneath the rear shock and lifted it back up I heard a loud snap like it was binding and figured it let loose so I hooked everything back up and re tightened and still the same issue. Suspension is rock hard and moves maybe 2" and squeaks the whole way up and down...

Maybe post a couple pictures from different angles so folks here can see the situation. I can't imagine what is going on, mine went right in when I put a ratchet strap across the rear suspension and gave a few clicks until front bolts lined up and no issues.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

IMG_2239.JPG
IMG_2239.JPG

Unfortunately out of all the photos I took this is the only one that it will let me upload all the others say file to large... but this is with suspension all the way up you can see there's only about an inch if I compress it until it hits the block it should be 3x that atleast

Got it figured out the shock was being pushed down into the track had to remove the rear bolts again which fixed it but if I were to pull the shock up and put bolts back in it would just go back to how it was . Put a ratchet strap from the torsion spring bar to the center shock bar and tighten then lowered sled down and lined bolts up and it's perfect now. Well atleast I learned and know what I'm doing now lol

I was riding the other day, I noticed after about 50 miles I has lost one outer wheel somewhere on the trail? The bolt sheared off. It is the JT racing 4th wheel kit. I was able to ride another 400 miles like this as the shaft really cant come out but I was wondering if anyone else has broken a bolt? I will be calling them to order a new wheel, bolt, and possibly a shaft if I cant get the old bolt out :o|.

I have and even with the locktite the bolt comes out with an extractor you will only need a wheel and bolt.

Back