• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

stiffness of fx nytro is killing me.

if the sled is bouncing and kicking you then you need to slow the rebound.... if you feel it in the feet its the center, and if it kicks you in the butt then is the rear rebound.... compression is down not bounce....

The bounce I can adjust but the fact that it is STIFF in the center shock (spring) in the stutters makes me wounder if a stiffer spring would help. That way I could have a lower setting in the beginning and still have the same bottoming resistance as with the spring set at stiffest......

to stiff in center and stiffer would help?? No I think its the opposite..... On my Nytro I removed all spring tension on the center to help with stutters.... reduce the compression a few turns and allowed to rebound quicker for full stroke after every hit... works well for me.

Wish you were closer I would adjust it for you...

getting back to my origional point, would it help to change the floats to the standard front shocks. Some people that have the mountain sled have offered to trade but i understand those dont have the damping adjustment

If you want more of a trail ride... some have found that to be best but its really a rider preference.

Tim the Fox Floats can be really plush in the stutters I have ridden floats and GYT-rs back to back with the same valving force and the floats are plusher. Your set up seems strang to me if you want it softer try to reduce the preload to medium or soft. Unless you are really big or aggressive the springs should not be set in the hard position. Also one thing that bothers most people in the stutter bumps is too FAST of rebound you said you were close to full soft on rebound for both shocks try to increase the damping on the rebound to slow everything down so you do not bounce around.

Try soft on the torsions and put the center back to stock and try the rebound back in the stock setting with the compression on both shocks 3 clicks from full soft. If you do decide to trade I have found that the best trail ride on stutters is the Monoshock Vector or Apex.

I think you are missing my point. Stiffer spring but set at almost NO tension... Better stutters stiffer further down the stroke..... I cant run this spring with NO tension because it will bottom ALOT!!! I will talk to the guy that is going to revalve all my shocks and see what he says...

For those of you who are used to riding a REV MXZ and are now finding the Nytro is both too stiff on smaller bumps and bottoms too easily on bigger bumps, take a look at this thread:

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=56313

From what I've been told, the FX Nytro, including the RTX option, uses single stage shock valving - very unlike what is used in the MXZ.

I'm certain that the FX Nytro can be made to perform as well as a MXZ, but it needs the shocks to be revalved by someone experienced with multi-stage valving.

rattler said:
you got the wrong sled. you need a standard nytro. every body thinks their a snow crosser until they ride a snow cross sled!
The name of the sled is "rough trail" not snow cross. most people don't get to ride the sled before buying so i can see how some people are sold by the name Rough Trail. I guess it all depends on how or what you call rough. all I know when the trail gets rough 3' moguls I say bye bye to the crowd

all I know when the trail gets rough 3' moguls I say bye bye to the crowd

HA HA SO so true!! Same here!

Skydog

Billock12345 said:
all I know when the trail gets rough 3' moguls I say bye bye to the crowd

This is my first sled, and I love it. The best part was when I was on a trail with 5 Kats. Half the trail was groomed, and the other, well I was doing about 70 mph passing the kats that were on the groomed side. Since it was my first trip, I feel I bought the right sled.

Billock12345 said:
rattler said:
you got the wrong sled. you need a standard nytro. every body thinks their a snow crosser until they ride a snow cross sled!
The name of the sled is "rough trail" not snow cross. most people don't get to ride the sled before buying so i can see how some people are sold by the name Rough Trail. I guess it all depends on how or what you call rough. all I know when the trail gets rough 3' moguls I say bye bye to the crowd

I think the point he's making is that people who think they ride aggressively realize quickly that the RTX is meant to actually ride that way. Unfortunately many people who think they ride hard won't actually ever use the extra suspension.

Rex interesting attachment. It makes some sense to me. I cannot get this sled to ride well over stutters no matter what. I wonder if the 3 stage shocks from skidoo can be fitted to my Nytro RTX. or can anyone convert the Yamaha shocks to this setup? I already had them revalved and this hasnt helped significantly.

Back