• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

stiffness of fx nytro is killing me.

Yamahnator said:
I think the point he's making is that people who think they ride aggressively realize quickly that the RTX is meant to actually ride that way. Unfortunately many people who think they ride hard won't actually ever use the extra suspension.

I have ridden a Rev race sled for the last 5 years (both racing sno-x and trails) and even with the race set-up the rear skid works way better than the my RTX... I have tried about every shock and spring setting possible- it still rattles my brain over the trail stutters and bottoms easily over large hits and jumps in the ditches.

I am not bashing the RTX at all, I actually love the thing, it is an absolute blast to ride and maybe mine just has an isolated issue. If not, I think my rear skid should really work much better over more varied conditions... For those that say "it is a rough trail sled, it should ride rough", you are either trying to fool yourselves or just like to abuse you body for no reason.

I really think "ReX" has the correct solution- a revalve of both rear shocks. Mine will be done before this coming fall for sure...

As for the front, I have been running the remote resi shocks off my 06 MXZ-x race sled and they work much better than the floats. I think I will still try a remote resi on the Floats and see how that works...

Revalving really didnt solve my problem. Now it bottoms much easier but it still stiff over the stutters.

Billock12345
srxtim26076

Please take the time to update your location in your profile, helps guys help you sometimes and it's site rules.

Thanks!

shadow637 said:
Yamahnator said:
I think the point he's making is that people who think they ride aggressively realize quickly that the RTX is meant to actually ride that way. Unfortunately many people who think they ride hard won't actually ever use the extra suspension.

I have ridden a Rev race sled for the last 5 years (both racing sno-x and trails) and even with the race set-up the rear skid works way better than the my RTX... I have tried about every shock and spring setting possible- it still rattles my brain over the trail stutters and bottoms easily over large hits and jumps in the ditches.

I am not bashing the RTX at all, I actually love the thing, it is an absolute blast to ride and maybe mine just has an isolated issue. If not, I think my rear skid should really work much better over more varied conditions... For those that say "it is a rough trail sled, it should ride rough", you are either trying to fool yourselves or just like to abuse you body for no reason.

I really think "ReX" has the correct solution- a revalve of both rear shocks. Mine will be done before this coming fall for sure...

As for the front, I have been running the remote resi shocks off my 06 MXZ-x race sled and they work much better than the floats. I think I will still try a remote resi on the Floats and see how that works...

I've ridden race sleds as well and stutter machines they are not. No I don't like to abuse myself either and no ones said that it has to ride rough. Mine doesn't. I don't know what to tell you other than you may want to check your settings or get a revalve. 08NytroRTX (the Alaska one) has good suggestions. I'm still up in the air on the floats as well, and will probably add the resovoirs next year.

I have had my shocks rebuilt, the rear shocks are the same but alittle lower on the lowspeed compression dampening and they have Öhlins oil in them that is alittle thicker than the std oil so they should be alittle stiffer on the high speed.

Now for all that dislikes their floats, My shock guy had never seen such a wierd setup in a set of floats. They have ALOT!!! of slowspeed dampening but almost no highspeed. This will cause the shocks to be STIFF in the smaller bumps and when the going gets tough and the shimsstack gives they will be to soft. This is exactly what I felt when riding and I hope that this new setup will be good.

I havent had the time to try them yet but I will be riding all weekend so ill let you guys know how it goes....

Kråkan said:
I have had my shocks rebuilt, the rear shocks are the same but alittle lower on the lowspeed compression dampening and they have Öhlins oil in them that is alittle thicker than the std oil so they should be alittle stiffer on the high speed.

Now for all that dislikes their floats, My shock guy had never seen such a wierd setup in a set of floats. They have ALOT!!! of slowspeed dampening but almost no highspeed. This will cause the shocks to be STIFF in the smaller bumps and when the going gets tough and the shimsstack gives they will be to soft. This is exactly what I felt when riding and I hope that this new setup will be good.

I havent had the time to try them yet but I will be riding all weekend so ill let you guys know how it goes....

Kråkan: Let us know how your new setup works! Who did your shocks and how much did it cost?
After 1 week in the swedish mountains i am really dissapointed with the floats!

The floats are ALOT better now. Compared mine with my friends that has the standard setup in the floats. The shocks in the rear is just alittle better at the bottoming but still WAY to stiff on the lowspeed dampening. I dont know how to get any extra shims for the rear shocks to work with but there could be Öhlins in there next year so...

Yamahnator said:
shadow637 said:
Yamahnator said:

I've ridden race sleds as well and stutter machines they are not. No I don't like to abuse myself either and no ones said that it has to ride rough. Mine doesn't. I don't know what to tell you other than you may want to check your settings or get a revalve. 08NytroRTX (the Alaska one) has good suggestions. I'm still up in the air on the floats as well, and will probably add the resovoirs next year.
I completely agree the shock valving is garbage. Race sleds may not be good in the stutters, but at least they dont bottom out over 3' ditches and very minor cornice drops and stuff. I give up on tuning until both rear shocks are revalved. The rear needs a lot more rebound to start with and lord only knows what else to make it respectable
Beast

Back