• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Still getting oil in the air box

Good read! Noticed my Nytro spewing oil out of the air box and was worried it was blowby causing high case pressure . Will have to pay close attention to the oil level and check to see if it has a separator issue .

Good read! Noticed my Nytro spewing oil out of the air box and was worried it was blowby causing high case pressure . Will have to pay close attention to the oil level and check to see if it has a separator issue .

Sno-Xr,

Nytro's do not use a separator like the Viper has, just a 5/8" hose from the oil tank to the air box on stock Nytro's.
Bill

Well, that figures! I didnt remember seeing one last time I dug in to the airbox and oil tank, but was hoping it was something I just overlooked. Hopefully its not a crankcase pressure issue(rings), may have to find an adapter for my compression tester to fit the spark plug hole....10mm?? and start there.

Thanks

Well, that figures! I didnt remember seeing one last time I dug in to the airbox and oil tank, but was hoping it was something I just overlooked. Hopefully its not a crankcase pressure issue(rings), may have to find an adapter for my compression tester to fit the spark plug hole....10mm?? and start there.

Thanks

It's been awhile since I had my Nytro, but I believe that they use standard size spark plugs.

Thanks, they are definitely smaller than the old 2stroke BR9's . Im pretty sure I remember them being a 10mm, unfortunately my guage didnt come with that small of an adapter. I'll be doing some shopping to find one soon.

I too have a oil in the airbox issue with my 2018 Viper and not from overfilling or a roll over. Does anyone think there would be issues by plugging the airbox hole that the separator tube goes into and attaching a hose to that tube and running it out the bottom of the sled thereby bypassing the airbox?

I too have a oil in the airbox issue with my 2018 Viper and not from overfilling or a roll over. Does anyone think there would be issues by plugging the airbox hole that the separator tube goes into and attaching a hose to that tube and running it out the bottom of the sled thereby bypassing the airbox?
Is this just a light film you are talking about?

Is this just a light film you are talking about?
Pretty much but there is some small pooling in the the lower corners in the airbox and there is some oil residue outside below the airbox on multiple surfaces, I pulled it out the airbox and don't see any other source of leaking. I'm bypassing the airbox and
IMG_4521.jpg
thumbnail.jpg
I've already ran a high temp. hose from the separator tube that went into the airbox down through a hole I drilled in the plastic about 4" behind the muffler and put a plug in the grommet that is in the airbox.

I suspect those who didn’t roll it or overfilled had the checkball stick in the separated above the exhaust if oil is dripping out air box. That should be cleaned with Dishsoap and water.

Back