• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Still no rtx yet should I hold off?

Viper2004er

Veteran
Do you guys think there's to many issues with this new yamacat? I havnt got my sled yet they say tuesday it will be ready to pick up I have a $1000 down on it. I want a mint brand new sled with no issues I don't know if I should hold off or still get it ...? Rtx se blue. I hate the cat issues I just wanna ride
:o| :o|

Hang Tough my friend. You have to keep in context when your on a forum with guys that are very in tune and particular. And keep in context the number of sleds out there VS the number of Viper owners who are reporting.

I went through this with my 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee on the Jeep Forum. People were ready to burn them after seeing things on the forum. Everything worked out. It's a solid vehicle. Most problems turned out to be a loose ground wire torque and some software issues.

ALTHOUGH, I do remember the Polaris Confusion Fusion. JK

The problems are minor so far. Just a few cheap screws. The positives FAR outweigh any negatives. This sled rocks right out of the box! Get it before they are gone once word gets out.

Viper2004er said:
Do you guys think there's to many issues with this new yamacat? I havnt got my sled yet they say tuesday it will be ready to pick up I have a $1000 down on it. I want a mint brand new sled with no issues I don't know if I should hold off or still get it ...? Rtx se blue. I hate the cat issues I just wanna ride
:o| :o|

You have to keep it your site name is VIPER just change it to 2014 10 years after

What's been seen so far.
Torx bolts strip super easy.
Undiagnosed coolant leaks. Maybe minor maybe not.
Low oil warning, fail to start after tipping sled over to far. No factory fix yet.
One popped out of gear at 80mph under load. (Could be a one off).
Long delay for higher windshield and some other accessories.

Typical of first year machines. If you value riding over wrenching I would not recommend ANY first year sled.

You might as well never buy another sled again if you want one that is perfect with no issues. That sled doesn't exist, even from Yamaha with their own designed made in Japan sleds. I have a 2011 Nytro, and of all the sleds I have ever owned (many) it has been back to the dealer the most for warranty repairs. Get your Viper when it comes in. Most folks will have very few minor if any problems.

I had an 08 nytro and it never had warranty issues or bent sub frame I guess I was extremely lucky. I just took my torx screws out and they did not strip, mind you I did not use a power drill, just a ratchet and a screw driver.

Now what are you going to get, just about everything out there will have some sort of problem , may be small or may be a big problem , just get it and work though it , I did it with my nytro that thing was far from perfect !

Well it should be ready in the morning and more then ready to get it I'm just not the best with a wrench or problem solving my 04 viper needed nothing but gas and oil and I ride that sled very hard. Now I see starting issues lol I'm gonna get it and hope for the best...!

Well maybe you should learn how to use a wrench a little better. That might be some of the issues we are hearing about. Instead of fixing problems that are easily fixed we post them. If the bolts are cheap then replace them. Do I think after buying a 11,000 dollar sled that I should have to replace a cheap bolt no, but what else am I going to do. Bring it back to the dealer and wait ten years to get it fixed. Every sled out there has little issues. No matter what kind it is. Most of them are easy to fix. Some. Are kind of major problems that need Yamaha to fix, and we will just have to wait for them to fix. But they will. When I have no clue, but it will be fixed.

Btw...rode with a pair of XF7000 limited this weekend....one tipped on its side and flashed the oil warning light and would only run for a few seconds and then shut off. I loosened the oil filler cap a couple turns, started it and the light turned off and was fine the rest of the day

TallTrees said:
What's been seen so far.
Torx bolts strip super easy.
Undiagnosed coolant leaks. Maybe minor maybe not.
Low oil warning, fail to start after tipping sled over to far. No factory fix yet.
One popped out of gear at 80mph under load. (Could be a one off).
Long delay for higher windshield and some other accessories.

Typical of first year machines. If you value riding over wrenching I would not recommend ANY first year sled.

That turned out to be the owners fault for putting parts back together incorrectly.

Back