• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Still speechless

cannondale27 said:
Anyone who says I am not TrueBlue Yamaha needs to get to know me better and take a look at what I own and ride.Yamaha is NOT just an engine company.There is countless examples of such.Next year I will be enjoying my new Yamaha sled and I believe the pride in Yamaha will be more than ever even if it is only pride in the FACT that Yamaha and the sled I bought helped save Arctic Cats butt.Maybe more.Not even going to get into the bunch of bull that some think Americans cant or wont build as good a product as the Japanese.Most of us here at TY are Americans and I know for sure that if given the resources we could build the best sled in the world.

K the Cat guys think Cat is saving Yamahas butt. :dunno: Polaris and Cat are American built so are you saying they don't have the resources?

I'm Canadian so I guess to wave the Canadian flag I'd have to say Ski-Doo is the best in the world, if that is not true then I guess they don't have the resources either!

Course cause I'm riding a Yami and on a Yami site I'd have to think that the Yami is the best in the world because I bought it and if its not I made a poor choice.

Sasquatch said:
cannondale27 said:
Anyone who says I am not TrueBlue Yamaha needs to get to know me better and take a look at what I own and ride.Yamaha is NOT just an engine company.There is countless examples of such.Next year I will be enjoying my new Yamaha sled and I believe the pride in Yamaha will be more than ever even if it is only pride in the FACT that Yamaha and the sled I bought helped save Arctic Cats butt.Maybe more.Not even going to get into the bunch of bull that some think Americans cant or wont build as good a product as the Japanese.Most of us here at TY are Americans and I know for sure that if given the resources we could build the best sled in the world.

K the Cat guys think Cat is saving Yamahas butt. :dunno: Polaris and Cat are American built so are you saying they don't have the resources?

I'm Canadian so I guess to wave the Canadian flag I'd have to say Ski-Doo is the best in the world, if that is not true then I guess they don't have the resources either!

Course cause I'm riding a Yami and on a Yami site I'd have to think that the Yami is the best in the world because I bought it and if its not I made a poor choice.

According to American Snowmobiler, Cat approached Yamaha, not the other way around.

It's too early to tell yet, and we won't really know until we see a production Viper and some miles are logged, but this could be huge for Yamaha?

Sasquatch said:
cannondale27 said:

Polaris and Cat are USA companies but it doesnt matter if they were Chinese or any nationality what matters is resources and the processes at the company and most important the Pride of the workers which comes from having the other two in place. I was just showing that Americans or any Nationality can build great product it doesnt take a Japanese person to make a Yamaha.

cannondale27 said:
Polaris and Cat are USA companies but it doesnt matter if they were Chinese or any nationality what matters is resources and the processes at the company and most important the Pride of the workers which comes from having the other two in place. I was just showing that Americans or any Nationality can build great product it doesnt take a Japanese person to make a Yamaha.

You mean a Yamacat or more correct would be a Catamaha! Anyone can build a great product if all the pieces to the puzzle fit and yes even a North American can be brought up to Japanese standards.

Irv said:
According to American Snowmobiler, Cat approached Yamaha, not the other way around.

It's too early to tell yet, and we won't really know until we see a production Viper and some miles are logged, but this could be huge for Yamaha?

And it makes sense Cat jobs out their motors and it takes money to design and build your own. Buying or trading tech with/from Yami just makes sense!

Rockstar said:
Nytro40th said:
Its a win win for both IMO

From a F.O.B. standpoint.

OK, I had to google F.O.B. since I am only familiar with it's meaning in the shipping industry.

http://www.acronymfinder.com/fob.html

I found the definition "Fecal Occult Blood" interesting and I was relieved to find out that it is a routine medical test and not some poop eating and blood drinking devil worshipers!

So, which definition are you using for F.O.B.?

Rockstar said:
Freight on Board. What it costs Yamaha to the dealers dock.

That is the definition that I was familiar with but I wasn't sure how it was applicable to this discussion. I understand now what you meant. Some of the other definitions that I found were interesting to say the least!

kimoajaj said:
Well as a good old member and a loyal Yamaha man I still have to say that I am still speechless.. .

Until recently I hadn't realized how stupid and idiotic the values in my life were.

Cause, this new Arctic Cat deal is killing me.

Well thanks for the wakeup Yamaha, I will try to be less selfish in the future and focus on other things then sleds.

Winters are getting worse and worse, little snow. Might aswell quit snowmobiling.

Like Marlboro Man (Robert) said to his girlfriend "You have been the better part of my life" , well thats how I feel about Yamaha.

Throught my entire childhood it`s always been Yamaha and now it is all over.

Well I guess this is when I should hit the delete button and dont post this stupid thread but we can all make mistakes, and Yamaha I will forgive you if you introduce only OEM models next yea

Just think of if you had your legs blown off in Iraq how bad you would feel , try prozac.

Back