• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Still speechless

Switched to yella brand

Held off as long as I could. After 13 Yamaha snowmobiles, just bought a 700 Grizzly and last year a Skeeter with 200HP Yamaha, I bought the wife a 2013 Renegade Backcountry and she loves it. I just spring ordered 2014 Renegade Backcountry X for myself. Yamaha has all the technoligy on their water craft which could have been brought over to the sleds, but no go. Unless I have problems with the E-tec I won't go back. It is smooth, quiet and excelleny fuel mileage.

roadtripse said:
I can't wait to see the source of all of the controversy next week at the preview in Novi. It can't be as bad as everybody is trying to make it. If you don't like it, don't buy it. And by the way, I have two APEX leftovers, fresh this season, so I am probably not a prospect for one of these things, either.

Just back from the Novi preview. Oh my.

The viper is no yamaha and all of you will see that next year ! I promise ....When credit is due i give it when its garbage i say it... You guys need to take a close look at the new yamacat maybe then you would understand ... And yes i have a lot of experience with this ... Not just talking crap... :yam: :sled1: :Rockon:

Well a lot of people buy garbage then - maybe this will be better quality garbage!
The Yamaha/AC dealer here gave up on the Yammies cause they were not selling - so what does that tell us? I'd say something had to change with Yamaha for them to stay in the business. A lot of people have been complaining that Yamaha wasn't listening to all the complaints about their frontend and suspensions; now that they have done something, there are more complaints than ever. Even for Yamaha to humble themselves and collaborate with another company is a landmark move I think.

Re: wake up

RoyalBlue said:
Wow it is just a sled not a Heart Valve
;)!
I don't want the Manufacturers of Heart Valves sending their production to Thief River Falls either.

I find my self sitting here trying to explain what I mean and what I think but often it sounds stupid since my English isn't the best.

Yamaha needs someone who cares about their Snowmobile division, obviously some office-rat made this decision. There is no need to doubt it, the new SR Viper will not have the same quality and reliability as an OEM Yamaha. If someone says something else then open your eyes.

Well, the reliability of all new sleds is getting better and better. So I am sure the SR Viper will hold up well. But there is a difference between good and awesome. Yamaha reliability has been awesome since day one.

I still havent visited the Yamaha dealer were I worked before, but when I do I will tell him that "No matter what you say, I know that deep down in your heart you are just as disappointed as I am" and I know that he will agree.

Wellwell

Trade-in

My spelling was off a little. One more thing have you I have to say about Yamaha is the trade values. Poor, poor, poor. I wanted to trade in my 06 RS-Rage, 5999 miles, upgraded 144" track, Ski Pilot skis and not a scratch on it. I first went to my local dealer who sell's Yamaha, Polaris and SkiDoo $1000.00. Next I called the dealer I just bought the wife's 2013 Ski Doo from and didn't want it. I then called dealers in SD, MN and was told from didn't want a Yamaha 4 stroke can't sell it, to $2500 from a dealer in the cities. What a shame!

Re: Trade-in

rage said:
My spelling was off a little. One more thing have you I have to say about Yamaha is the trade values. Poor, poor, poor. I wanted to trade in my 06 RS-Rage, 5999 miles, upgraded 144" track, Ski Pilot skis and not a scratch on it. I first went to my local dealer who sell's Yamaha, Polaris and SkiDoo $1000.00. Next I called the dealer I just bought the wife's 2013 Ski Doo from and didn't want it. I then called dealers in SD, MN and was told from didn't want a Yamaha 4 stroke can't sell it, to $2500 from a dealer in the cities. What a shame!

Yamahas are worth 10-15% more in general, thats the dealers telling you that they dont want it, probably because of the lack of snow in the area...

ANd you all have to remember Yamaha is a MOTOR company and they are suppling motors to Artic Cat and in return are getting a chassis to use in there line up that will hopefully keep some people from jumping ship to someone elses sled. I rode the Viper and its not bad only complaint I have is the power seems down compared to my Nytro but I understand that they are playing with the mapping yet and I didn't like the fact that my knees kept beating on the plastic panels but that could be remedied by adjusting my riding style a little bit. For the most part I loved the sled and handling needs a taller handlebar riser for me when I stand up.

Anyone who says I am not TrueBlue Yamaha needs to get to know me better and take a look at what I own and ride.Yamaha is NOT just an engine company.There is countless examples of such.Next year I will be enjoying my new Yamaha sled and I believe the pride in Yamaha will be more than ever even if it is only pride in the FACT that Yamaha and the sled I bought helped save Arctic Cats butt.Maybe more.Not even going to get into the bunch of bull that some think Americans cant or wont build as good a product as the Japanese.Most of us here at TY are Americans and I know for sure that if given the resources we could build the best sled in the world.

vector06 said:
Yamaha built the chassis with Cat right? I dunno, maybe your correct. I left Yamaha because I wanted a better handling sled. I should have just quit the sport and took up figure skating.

I do not think that Yamaha had much to do with the chassis design except perhaps to figure out how to mount their 5 year old motor in it and also some Yamaha specific suspension calibrations. Other than that, the chassis is all AC design as far as I know. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing. I test rode a Viper and it handled better than any Yamaha I have ever ridden although I felt that it was under powered.

Durability of the AC supplied chassis and components may be a possible issue IMO and only time will tell if this proves to be true. The AC chaincase worries me the most. In the future if the Viper becomes available boosted or with a HO NA 4 cyl motor then the chaincase will definately need to be from Yamaha.

I am a loyal Yamaha customer (I have owned about a dozen new Yamaha sleds in the past 25 years and nothing else). I am excited to see what the next few years will bring. My Apex has many miles and years of life left but I will trade up as soon as I can get a high HP motor in a good handling but durable chassis.

arteeex said:
Reports of Chemical Attack in Syria
1 In 6 Indian City Dwellers Live In Slums
Iraq Birth Defects and Cancer Rates 'Worse Than Hiroshima'
Afghan Local Policeman Guns Down 5 Colleagues
Rickshaw Bomb Kills 9 People in Southwest Pakistan
Marine Guns Down 2 Comrades at Quantico
Woman Sought Protection from Ex-Boyfriend Who Murdered Her at Bus Stop
Afghan Suicide Bomber Misses NATO Convoy, Kills 5 Civilians
Drunk Slammed 4-Year-Old's Head Into Floor, Killing Him: Sentencing
NATO Airstrike Kills 9 Civilians, Afghan Officials Say
Yamaha Collaborates with Arctic Cat on New Snowmobile

It didn't make the top ten!!!...LMAO 11th place.. C'mon Yamaha get your head outa your arse... you better come up big next year or else...YAMAHAHAHAHAHA what a joke..YAMALMFAO is next years model :jump: :tg: :moon: :drink: .

Back