• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock T660 vs. Stock RX-1 How do they hold up

A

Anonymous

Who has raced a stock Turbo 660 with an RX-1 or Warrior? Just would like to know how the yamaha performs against the T660. Going to be riding with one in our group which consists of my 04 RX-1 limited and my friends 04 Warrior. I would like to know what I should expect before hand. [/b]

Expect phazer-like performance from the T660. Its too heavy and not powerful enough to bother you. Also, its NOT NEARLY as high of horsepower as claimed. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to race one with my Exciter, and the RX1 walks past that like its standing still.

THe T660 is the only sled heavier than the WARRIOR!!!

with 110 or less HP!!!

I have heard that someone on amsnow has theres clocked at 109mph.. not too bad but how long did it take to get there LOL :D

t-660 turbo

I was at a snow cross race this weekend, and a race team from a dealer from Moosehead was there with a bunch of sleds. One of them was an o5 t660 ? It was very quiet, very smooth, and I would have to tell you I lifted both ends of it, and it was lighter then my sled. The weight is distributed differently, when you lift on the rx from the rear you feel like your lifting the whole sled, but the cat seems to carry more weight on its skis. but it seemed a lighter. other then that it looked like a big butted woman.

A few weeks ago there was a 660 turbo playing around on the uce before the snow came. I was impressed it would run ahead of or right beside a mxz 700 and sabrecat 600 and i think a couple zr800's. What I saw it wolud hold it's own for about 800 feet. My buddy that has the 700 mxz said he could not get away from it until about 90. Also the turbo 660 was a touring. When I raced the whole group at once Icould'nt tell how much I could beat the turbo, because it was in the pack and I was a head of them all a good shake.

It has the same power to weight ratio of a 2 stroke 500. If a 2 stroke 500 doesn't worry, then you will not be worried about the T660.

If the person has modified the T660 will there be away to tell? I heard about Arctic Cat being able to change a computer chip that gives the T660 a boost. Is this true and how do I tell if it is stock or modified?

Just back from Canada and talked to a guy with a 660 Turbo touring and a guy with a Ski Doo Legend 1000. They both said after 80 MPH they get weak :roll:
I put my Warrior up against two REV 800's and they where equally matched on a 1/2 mile lake run (side by side)
Up against an 03 Viper I walked away from him on a top end blast and I obtained 8MPH more then him on the speedo hitting 112MPH.
But with all the sleds I rode with I always got the best gas mileage :D
On one trip a buddy had a 2000 Arctic Cat 500 FI and he used 35 litres in 108 miles and I used 26 litres 8) You gotta love it 8)

I can't imagine getting any more hp out of the T660. Without the turbo it was rated in the 50 hp range. Now at 21 psi it is allegedly pushing around 110 hp that is a 120% gain. There is no way that motor could handle any more pressure.

HORSEMAN wrote:
I would have to tell you I lifted both ends of it, and it was lighter then my sled.

I did the same thing at the Yamaha dealer last fall thinking the weight wasn't that bad. Just don't get the thing stuck :evil:

...and you thought recalls were bad for AC 2-strokes I can't imagine the things can go wrong with their turbo's :p

Well, Bender stage3 allegedly makes 375 hp out of RX1, thats a 150% increase. Mind you, that would likely blow the motor in a very short time.... doesn't mean that you won't find someone dumb enough to try it. I'd bet you that I could get a T660 to make 500+ hp... I make no guarantees that it'll last more than a fraction of a second, though.

LazyBastard said:
Well, Bender stage3 allegedly makes 375 hp out of RX1, thats a 150% increase. Mind you, that would likely blow the motor in a very short time.... doesn't mean that you won't find someone dumb enough to try it. I'd bet you that I could get a T660 to make 500+ hp... I make no guarantees that it'll last more than a fraction of a second, though.

I saw a engine in a mag..(sbc 350) that was stock with cast pistons except for a cam and NITROS... that made close to 700hp before it blew on the third dyno run...

Back