• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock T660 vs. Stock RX-1 How do they hold up

MightyWarrior I take it from reading your posts that you used to have an Rx-1. Was it a 2003 or 2004 and do you like the changes of the warrior style better than the Rx-1? I rode Power-Rush's Warrior and it appears to be as fast as my Rx-1 and it seems to have a more comfortable ride.

Power-Rush said:
and seems to think he will be untouchable.

From what I hear, he will be untouchable in one aspect..... mpg. I have heard nothing but excellent reports about this. The other thing you've got to admit, from Cat's previous history is that it probably rides beautifully, and it's handling is pretty good too.

Snoxtrax television had an interesting comment. At the beginning of the season they tested the RX1 Warrior. As part of their tests they mention its competition in the same area. In this department they said there was nothing comparable. Warrior is in a class of its own. Last week they did the T660. They compared it to be in the class of the Ski-doo Legend and Polaris Frontier. This tells me they didn't think it had blazing performance.
Just my take - I've never ridden one. I do have to say they are the quitest sled I've ever heard (or not heard) though.

From what I hear, he will be untouchable in one aspect..... mpg. I have heard nothing but excellent reports about this. The other thing you've got to admit, from Cat's previous history is that it probably rides beautifully, and it's handling is pretty good too.

Does anyone know what the gas mileage is for the T660? Is it alot better than the RX-1?

RX-1Yamaholic said:
MightyWarrior I take it from reading your posts that you used to have an Rx-1. Was it a 2003 or 2004 and do you like the changes of the warrior style better than the Rx-1? I rode Power-Rush's Warrior and it appears to be as fast as my Rx-1 and it seems to have a more comfortable ride.
Yes, I had an 03 and I can tell you that the only similarities are the marvelous engine they share. The Warrior does everything better. The only possible exception might be top end. But I can say it gets there now 8)
This past weekend I was out with the buds when all of the sudden they pulled over and said; "this trail sucks, let's find another". It dawned on me right then and there that I didn't notice how lousy the trail was. Both of my buddies tried out my sled and both agreed that it was night and day different from my 03 RX-1 :D

Articat 4 stroker

RX-1Yamaholic said:

Does anyone know what the gas mileage is for the T660? Is it alot better than the RX-1?

I own two of the 02 non-turbo models. They are much quieter than the rx, and they don't over heat, and they are efi, so you don't screw with a carb choke, and they get about 25 miles to the gallon of regular gas. I run with them and only fill because everyone with two stroke models need the juice. I know I could go close to 300 miles on a tank if I needed to, but rarely travel more than 80 or 100 before a fill up cause the two strokers all are panicing about gas along about then.

Both of these sleds are two up models and have the 136 track. They pull like mules at low rpm. They go thru powder very well, and they are 1/2 the price of the new RX mountain I now own. I am actively looking for a aftermarket muffler to quiet down the RX1, because two years of running the articats and I am spoiled. If your used to a two stroke, then you probably are hearing impaired anyway, but if you have any hearing at all, then the rX is a bit much over a full day of running. My two cents.

:)

I rode with one this past weekend. The sled is very queit. At the pumps I took 4.9 gals and he took 4.1 . Also we switched sleds and it rides pretty good. I couldnt race him because he wasnt studded an wouldnt have been fair. But after riding one theres no doubt I would have beat him and he agreed. :wink:

My understanding was that the 04 has a lighter (and somewhat louder) exhaust. I've got an 03, and I can tell you that its nearly silent from 50 to 150 kph. Going less than 50 and the sound builds up somewhat, over 150 and you're pushing hard.

Try comparing its sound to a stock 03. If its significantly quieter, I'm sure you can find someone who loudened up and has a spare.

MightyWarrior said:
RX-1Yamaholic said:
Yes, I had an 03 and I can tell you that the only similarities are the marvelous engine they share. The Warrior does everything better. The only possible exception might be top end. But I can say it gets there now 8)
This past weekend I was out with the buds when all of the sudden they pulled over and said; "this trail sucks, let's find another". It dawned on me right then and there that I didn't notice how lousy the trail was. Both of my buddies tried out my sled and both agreed that it was night and day different from my 03 RX-1 :D

MIGHTY I COULDNT AGREE MORE... WHen i was riding on my last trip .. two guys riding in the group said the same thing... MAN THIS TRAIL SUCK!! Hell i thought the trail was awsome.. I didnt feel a single bump.. but there backs hurt!! THE WARRIOR RULES NO DOUBT!!

LazyBastard said:
My understanding was that the 04 has a lighter (and somewhat louder) exhaust. I've got an 03, and I can tell you that its nearly silent from 50 to 150 kph. Going less than 50 and the sound builds up somewhat, over 150 and you're pushing hard.

Try comparing its sound to a stock 03. If its significantly quieter, I'm sure you can find someone who loudened up and has a spare.

Thanks Lazy.

I didn't know that they made it louder than the 2003 models. That being the case, I should be glad to trade for an 03 model exhaust. I would also think that there might be a manufacturer of after market units who would for a fee, build one with glass packs or some such. Anyone know of a company that makes after market that isn't too big to satisfy this requirement. If so, pass it along. Thanks

Hey welterracer and Mighty Warrior. I'm glad to hear that you guys like your Warriors. I bought one and I wasn't sure if I made the right choice between the Warrior or the shorty. I haven't really ridden it in trails yet and I was afraid maybe it wouldn't ride or handle as well. Thanks for the
encouraging feedback. RX-1 Yamaholic and myself are going riding next week with a friend that owns a T660. I'm sure we'll all switch sleds and get to see what the differences are for ourselves.

Hey Power-Rush only 6 more days before we leave for Canada.... But who's counting :lol:

Back