• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stoli's MCX Turbo OFT/Skinz Black Sled Build

sonds said:
ntm_08 said:
What did you hit to make that tunnel bend ?
What is your fix?

I'm thinking a plate on the outside of that week spot?

Nice Nytros btw :Rockon:

You end up cutting a lot of material away from the tunnel when you install the Skinz boards and rear bumper, that and in combination with a TS drop bracket make it very weak right were Stoils bent.

Yeah, i did not follow the instructions from skinz all the way. I made the cut a bit wider back where the drop bracket is, so it will help on the support between the drop bracket and forward.

And yes the Timbersled drop bracket is to small.
The CR Racing drop bracket is wider and supports alot better along the side of the tunnel, so i`l be mounting that one.

But it`s not as week as the Pro-Rmk tunnel with the same suspension, on that one Timbersled makes a plate to fit on the outside of the bracket/tunnel. Maybe a plate on the outside is enough on the Nytro as well.

I have hit and rolled my sled big time many times, and nothing have happen, so he needs to have hit something hard ?

I think its time to get the sled out of Sonds trailer and get after those alterations :)

Here is the list to start.
Need to install the Water temp gauge.
Need to fix the rear floats - I am looking to add a evol cylinder - if you caught it earlier i compressed the suspension so bad that the track caught the valve and ripped it right off. Looking to revalve and rebuild.
Need to create some sort of new wider drop bracket to fix the tunnel week spot I created with the tunnel tearing.
Need to align the clutching - blew entirely too many belts last winter.
Need to change out the drivers too....
Want to get a graphics wrap - any suggestions???

You got a Skinz hood what are you going to wrap?

Gotta replace my stator cover gasket... should be fun. Thinking I have to do something to the gen 3's steering was to hard last winter.

sonds said:

Gotta replace my stator cover gasket... should be fun. Thinking I have to do something to the gen 3's steering was to hard last winter.

Curves will fix that ;)!

sonds said:

could you elaborate on the hard steering? i just ordered my first set of gen 3s.

Thanks

good to see you are back modding the sled stoli. Are the shocks still available

judger101 said:
sonds said:

could you elaborate on the hard steering? i just ordered my first set of gen 3s.

Thanks

If you are riding in deep snow all the time I think its a good ski but when conditions firm up (like all of times I rode out west) its like wrestling an angry bear. I think the 2 carbide design is too agressive for set up snow. Might try removing one carbide on each ski and see what that does?

And yes they are perfect with the skis in the air ;)!

zx4ever said:
good to see you are back modding the sled stoli. Are the shocks still available

Yes they are - totally apologize for being so hard to get a hold of.
They are yours if you still want them. I will try to swing by the shop in the next few days to grab and box them up.
if i remember - i had to steal one of the valves off one to get me back going this winter.

Alright... who has feedback on the Fox Mega Float? Looks interesting. Is it crap or does it work?
Can I use it on a TS rear suspension... not sure why not but just want to ask the question. Anyone have any time on one?

Yes, yes, I know this post is 7 years old. Just wanted to update this. A little over a year ago I bought this sled from a guy near Milwaukee. I happened to stumble upon this thread while looking at some info for a mcx 180 kit. The guy I bought it from added to the damage stoli did, the tunnel is braced up (must be cr racing supports like stoli was gonna add), I had to have a guy straighten and replace gussets in the subframe. It needed to have the a arms cut off cause they welded the bolts right to the subframe. I'm guessing they were trying to keep riding out west. I managed to get it all straightened out and running. It ran horrible and was throwing code 14 and 25. Ended up being a cracked runner reducer that goes to the boost gauge. That's fixed now and it still runs amazing. Has 1700 miles on it now. I've been searching for the history of this sled since I got it and now I've found its start. Pretty cool! I'm personally not a fan of the Simmons gen 2s on it so next thing is to find some different skis for it. I did some basic maintenance, rebuilt and revalved the shocks, stoli did add a evol chamber to the rear shock. If anyone is looking for a lake effect rider I'll sell this or trade for a stock one. I'm only 5'10 and these bars are too tall for me. I'll add some updated pics tomorrow. Pretty cool what you find on the internet!

Back