• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Storage bags

hey guys looking for some sort of storage bag to put on my viper ltx.. I don't want anything too bulky tho as I like the look of the empty tunnel lol. just looking to put a spare belt, tow strap and clutch tool in it so it doesn't have to be huge.. or if anyone has found a place under the hood to mount a spare belt that would be great to!! then I could just go with like a windshield bag or something along those lines.. Let me know what you guys have done!!

this is what my wife has on her yamacat I'm going to buy both of these eventually One at the handlebars is call a goggle bag perfect for wallet and small stuff
bag 004.JPG

Attachments

• bag 002.JPG
    bag 002.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 201
There is room for the spare belt on top of the belt guard, but the sled comes with no way to secure it. I used the biggest zip-tie I could find and mounted the spare belt there, it has been secure in that spot for over 800 miles. Not having the belt to contend with frees up a lot of room in the rear storage area. I'll take a picture of it later and post it.

It seems to me that the goggle bag location in the photo would block off some of the warm air that escapes from beneath the hood -- more warm air out is better, right? Since it is a factory supplied accessory and location I would assume it is not a problem, and the warm air might even unfog a pair of goggles. I have a velcro strap small handlebar bag (Yamaha) on mine that fits a pair of goggles and a couple of folded paper towels perfectly.

Viper/Cat owners can also get set up for the LinQ Ski-Doo attachments, but you said you didn't want much bulk so that might not work for you, just an option worth mentioning. If I ever do another saddle bag trip in Quebec, I might go this route.

Like CBR I zip tied the spare belt to top of belt guard. I have the Yamaha bag that came with the STXDX that leaves room for the rack and open tunnel.

I saw a post by "Muffin" in this forum back in November of 2014 where he had taken one of the standard belt clips, and mounted it perpendicular to the belt guard (there is a picture). There are two machine screws holding the belt guard in place, I just took one out, enlarged the hole in the belt clip, and screwed the machine screw back in place. The belt is a little snug in there, but that is where it has been ever since, with no problems.

Heres a tip, if you get the windshield bag, dont put anything paper in it.
Wrecked all my maps this year in the yamacrap.
Nytro didnt steam the goddam windshield. 7k miles never wrecked a map in that windshield bag.

Where did you guys find room on the top of the belt guard for a belt? I tried it there and it was uncomfortably tight. Ended up mounting a belt clip under the clutches on the belly pan,seems to be Ok. Will find out this weekend as we're heading north or an 800 miler and needed more room in my bag

thanks for the replies guys!! im pretty sure you can buy just the belt clips on ebay and bolt them right onto the guard... ill probably be going one of those 2 routes... im not a big fan of the goggle bag myself so maybe something on the handlebars will have to work for the time being...

thanks for the replies guys!! im pretty sure you can buy just the belt clips on ebay and bolt them right onto the guard... ill probably be going one of those 2 routes... im not a big fan of the goggle bag myself so maybe something on the handlebars will have to work for the time being...
You should only need one clip, mounted with the rear machine screw on the guard. If you try to use two clips, it may be more difficult to fit the belt in the space. Good luck!

we carry our belts above the clutch guard also. there is really no need to even install a zip tie or even a clip because once you shut the clutch door it holds the belt in place and it doesn't move around at all.

Back