• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Straight pipe?

Chartzy

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 viper MTX LE
Hello everyone, I have a 16 viper mtx LE with mpi turbo kit. Looking to loose some weight and drop the large trail can that’s on it. My dealer can’t get any holds on mufflers that fit the kit after mpi supposedly sold out? So I’m considering making a straight pipe for it, 2.5” pipe with a bend and weld the flange on. My question is will this hurt it in any way or screw up air/fuel ratios in any way? I would assume the less restriction after the turbo the better, but I want to confirm before I go ahead and do something that could cause it to run lean!
Thanks everyone!

You will probably experience over boosting because the straight pipe has less restriction and therefore less back pressure on the turbo... More boost will be what affects the AFR, not simply the less restriction.
Other than that, your ears ringing will be what hurts.

I have extra flanges that I had made if you want to try make a custom pipe or I would sell my Areo Pipe.

I have extra flanges that I had made if you want to try make a custom pipe or I would sell my Areo Pipe.
How much would you like for a flange or for the aero pipe? And have you noticed any changes for boost and afr? Thanks

I had to add weight to stay off the rev limiter. I spoke with Ulmer after I installed it and changed some Gems settings also. Added about 10 hp. I baught it last year and would let it go for 200. I'll throw in the flanges I had made also.

I have a hindle that I took off my Viper which is pretty much straight through if your interested. Not sure if it fits the same though as I am not boosted.

Back