• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

innovate boost/air fuel gauge

I was using the short mpi provided one. Innovate said to weld their long bung in before the turbo. Might give it a shot

My bung is after the turbo. Your saying weld one in before?

I haven't installed my psb1 yet. Sounds like I'll be putting the long bung in before the turbo when I do

I don't understand why that would make a difference. Can anyone explain ?

It might not but I have to weld it on anyways so might as well go with their recommendation

I haven't installed my psb1 yet. Sounds like I'll be putting the long bung in before the turbo when I do
Just so everyone knows. The psb1 is not waterproof!! Not even a bit. The buttons on the front go right into the mother board. My gauge fogged solid the first day. I used some sealant around the buttons.

Really? The main reason I went with innovate is because everyone raved about them being waterproof

Ya. I hear you. I called them and they said the psb1 was one of there most complex gauges and not made for use out in the weather. He also told me none of there gauges are actually waterproof , just sealed

Wow I'm surprised u guys are having problems. I love my innovate gauges so far! No problems fogging or error codes in the last 500 miles. But i am not using the pbs1 I'm using the more simple mtx afr and mtx boost(I think it's mtx).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was after the turbo as well. He was saying it sees to much turbulence mounted that close after the turbo and is hard on the sensor, also the short bung puts to much of the sensor in the exhaust stream. Mpi has never heard of a problem with it mounted after so I'm not sure what option is best.

I also bought an innovate gauge because I thought it was water proof! Guess I'll have to seal the buttons with some silicone. Talk about a tacky way to fix a $250 dollar gauge!

Just got off the phone with innovate. NONE of their gauges are waterproof. In fact, the tech said NONE of their gauges are really meant for outside use.... they are meant for "in cockpit" type of surroundings...not exposed to the elements. NONE of their gauges can be power washed or exposed to the elements. That said, he mentioned that their MTX-L (air fuel ratio) and MTX-D (boost) would be the most resistant to the outside elements.

This all said, it appears that there are a decent amount of users out there running these gauges on their snowmobiles. So, my question is how are you guys that are having success with these gauges installing them (doing anything unique?) or where are you placing them on your sled to perhaps be protecting them somehow?

I have an RTX with the MPI trail turbo plus injectors and re-flashed ECU from EVO to get me around the 220HP mark. I would love both the air fuel and boost numbers to be displayed to me while riding but I am having a 0% success rate at finding a set of gauges that are made for OUTSIDE, WINTER & SNOW use (going to get wet and cold!).

From all the forums I have read it appears the Innovate gauges are the most preffered but I am not too thrilled with having to not be able to read them due to the frosting or worse have to replace them if they get wet.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. Andy B.

That is the problem! mine are mounted in the Auto meter cups and I siliconed the end shut where the wire exits but it is split on the bottom to rig the wires with connectors on the ends. I also used light silicone on the plastic face cover and the threaded bezel but still end up replacing them at least once a yr. I am on my 3rd AEM AFR gauge and it was new last season and never worked from day 1 it reads 14.1 all the time with new sensor.

and they are tucked behind the main dash pod under the windshield and I never wash my sled let the wind do that. And they are always kept in 26' car hauler or shop and covered at night when on the ride.

gauges.jpg

Yamadog,
that's a pretty setup! I'm still not sure I want to go through all of the costs and setup of these gauges only to still have problems with them from day 1 and still have to replace stuff each season. I would think for the costs and time involved these gauges should last longer than that! You must be a very patient man... or just used to all the B.S. that the powersports industry can sometimes put out!

I'd like to run some gauges but if this is the "best" we can expect I guess I'll pass for now. Or, maybe, some manufacturer will give me some sort of guarantee which will make it worth my while to run them.

Well, for those of you that are entrepreneurial in nature... there's the next "BIG THING".... an outdoor use specific set of gauges! More specifically WINTER USE gauges!

Just used to it!!!:o| The last set I used were marketed as built for saltwater open cockpit boat racing who would have thunk they were ok with that and not a snowflake:eek:

Back