• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

stretching my 07 Apex RTX

yamahatd

Expert
Well i just got back from Northern Maine and I blew the Ripsaw off the sled again. Not fun at 110mph on the rail bed. Thankfully I was able to keep it straight and come to a stop. This is 2 within 3500 miles WTF Head Bang Studs seem to be the problem. 144 1.450 up the middle. The second track was a pre-drilled, re-enforced ripsaw. can't seem to keep one for long. I did notice the track rubbing on the shock eyes, but not to the point of failure.

Now the question is what do I do?

1- 136 rail extensions with a new ripsaw studs or no studs?
2- swap the skid for a 136 mono shock and track?
3- swap the skid for something other than a Yamaha skid and track?

Obviously I am on a budget, the economy is still kicking me in the Moon
Any suggestions or input is always appreciated. This Site Rocks

new skid

well i decided to go with a 136 Fast M-20 airwave that i bought used. I could not find a decent 136 skid anywhere. I hope i made the right decision....time will tell. I plan to begin the project in the coming weeks. Any comments/recomendations are appreciated. :Rockon:

Re: new skid

yamahatd said:
well i decided to go with a 136 Fast M-20 airwave that i bought used. I could not find a decent 136 skid anywhere. I hope i made the right decision....time will tell. I plan to begin the project in the coming weeks. Any comments/recomendations are appreciated. :Rockon:

As long as you're planning on using the sled as a "cruiser", you'll probably really like all that coupling, what it does for ride. If you're planning on winning any races, out of the hole or top end, maybe not so much.

I've put thousands of miles on the M-20 Airwave and can tell you they do transfer better than an M-10, which some confuse it with. As for top speed, my stock 600IQ hit 103MPH last year with an Airwave in it.....

jzack said:
I've put thousands of miles on the M-20 Airwave and can tell you they do transfer better than an M-10, which some confuse it with. As for top speed, my stock 600IQ hit 103MPH last year with an Airwave in it.....

Maybe all the racers should note that....

out of all the miles I ride each year, may 2% are actually racing. Most of the miles are chacing each other through the woods and fields. I hope the m-20 doesn't slow me down too much, but I would rather have a realiable skid than a fast one and it should help me in the trails. thanks for the in-put and I will comment once tested ;)!

racing

Only 2% of your time is racing???????? I think you meant the opposite, only 2% of your time is not racing. : )

It will be a great suspension cruising down the trail as you look at wind mills. : ) LOL

Back