• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stub Shaft Seal

21GT

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
21 Ltx-gt
Hello, yesterday I removed my Stub shaft assembly to press my bearing back in as it moved in the housing. The assembly came out pretty hard once I got it out I noticed the lip on the case seal was damaged from the removal. Anyway to avoid this? And does anyone have a extra seal they'd be willing to sell? I've called all over and they are on backorder unfortunately.

Unless someone else chimes in, Goggle "barn of parts" he should have it.

Unless someone else chimes in, Goggle "barn of parts" he should have it.
Thanks for the response. I gave him a call he might have a used one and is going to check. Don't really wanna put a used one in but I might not have a choice

Thanks for the response. I gave him a call he might have a used one and is going to check. Don't really wanna put a used one in but I might not have a choice
I reused mine three or four times. It probably would help you if you'd use a heat gun to heat the block up around the housing, before you pull the housing out. I just tried it a week ago and it just slipped right out.

Hello, yesterday I removed my Stub shaft assembly to press my bearing back in as it moved in the housing. The assembly came out pretty hard once I got it out I noticed the lip on the case seal was damaged from the removal. Anyway to avoid this? And does anyone have a extra seal they'd be willing to sell? I've called all over and they are on backorder unfortunately.
Partzilla says they're back in stock on Jan. 18 or 19. I checked the Cat part 3020-217.

I put myself on the list with Cat country....see how that goes.
Ty, turboflash

Hmmm, I went yesterday and my dealer has the seal on order and will be here by next week. Wasn’t showing backorder.The bearing on the other hand is back order until May!!

Hmmm, I went yesterday and my dealer has the seal on order and will be here by next week. Wasn’t showing backorder.The bearing on the other hand is back order until May!!
What state are you in? Cuz we are both about to laugh really hard. Lol
Strike that.... My dealer told me there was one left in the country and I grabbed it. But I think you beat me to it. Hahahaha.....nice job!
Hopefully the system works on allocation, and there was one left after you placed your order.

What state are you in? Cuz we are both about to laugh really hard. Lol
Strike that.... My dealer told me there was one left in the country and I grabbed it. But I think you beat me to it. Hahahaha.....nice job!
Hopefully the system works on allocation, and there was one left after you placed your order.
Maine. We called around yesterday for a bearing and a dealer had just gotten the bearing yesterday about an hour south so I put my name on it.

Maine. We called around yesterday for a bearing and a dealer had just gotten the bearing yesterday about an hour south so I put my name on it.
The seal I found was in Wisconsin. So maybe I'll still get it. I just thought it was funny that you and I were grabbing for the same seal.

Back