• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stuck Nytro In A Creek!! HELP?

nalgene77

I can't load photos but the sled was vertical in a deep hole. No injuries, but it was getting late and we were both wet (trying to get it out). My friend Chris had to double me out on an RMK 700 in the dark. That's as close as I want to cut it in terms of personal safety. We were both freezing by the time we got to the truck!!!

We got the sled down on it's ski's but the back half of the track is in heavy slush which is no doubt frozen now. No damage to the sled, and we have ramped the snow out of the hole. Going up later today with three sleds and a come along.

What do you experienced sledders suggest we do?

use the pulley and rope idea. run a pulley off the nytro and one off another sled or tree. now tie the end of the rope to the nytro, run it up to and through the pulley on the tree/ or sled, back down to the pulley on the nytro and back up to another sled. tie it on and start slowly pulling it out. running 2 pulleys like that will greatly increase your pulling force as well as make it easier on the pulling sled.

Using the pully's as a mechanical advantage is certainly the way to go. I would also bring along some type of tool (axe, ice spade, etc.) in order to bust up the ice if the rear skid is frozen solidly into it - perhaps a chainsaw as well in case it's really buried in the ice and you need to cut a slab of it in order for it to release.

I wouldn't try melting it away - you'll probably end up taking out the track as well or starting the whole works on fire if fuel has been leaking.

Good luck ;)!

Thanks for the help. We used a couple of straps and 2 sleds after rocking it free from the ice. Fortunately the creek was still runnng, so the tunnel wasn't a block of ice. I would love to post some pics.......but I just can't seem to upload them.

Great day of boondocking otherwise and the damage was limited to a scratched bumper. Yamaha Tough!!
:Rockon:

nalgene77 said:
Thanks for the help. We used a couple of straps and 2 sleds after rocking it free from the ice. Fortunately the creek was still runnng, so the tunnel wasn't a block of ice. I would love to post some pics.......but I just can't seem to upload them.

Great day of boondocking otherwise and the damage was limited to a scratched bumper. Yamaha Tough!!
:Rockon:

what creek did you sink your sled in ??

Back