• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Studding track?

letitsnowmtx

Veteran
I was wondering what type and length studs anyone might have put into their MTX. First off, I have cut down the stock track to 1.25". I was looking at 96 to 144, (however the pattern works out), Stud Boy 5/16" Power Point 60 degree carbides in a length of 1.875" part # 2350-p3. I don't think that I will have a clearance issue because the track was 2" stock, but I was just looking for some input from you guys. Thanks.

first off, you'll need 108 studs cause you have 54 pitches in a 144 track - go 2 studs to a pitch - center then wider then widest and start over - that will make 6 scratch marks on the surface - measure your lug height, measure your track thickness and then add 1/4 - 3/8 for penetration and you will get your stud length - i believe woodys site has enough info so you can determine what stud length you need.

or i could be wrong...

unless you are strictly racing, i would not go more than 3/8 of an inch of penetration.. even will the stainless studs and tall nuts and metal backers, you will bend ALOT of studs and break some too.. what type of riding are you looking to do with the setup?

I do a little trail riding, Sunday was the first ride I have taken all winter with the terrible snow conditions. We finally got 18" of snow, so the trails weren't all dirt. I mainly want to stud the track because we do 500' drag races flat and up ski resort on the 17th. I know that this is not a "racer", but I think in its class, I could be a contender. I'm just not sure if spending the $400 or so would be worth it or not.

Back