• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stupid stumps

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
I had a blast this weekend at the Munising group ride. Decided to join a group for some off trail riding. Glad I did because it was amazing what could be done on a short track Viper. I remember hitting something twice. One of them must have done this. I need a good skid before I do that again. It about ripped off the brake guard. Not a big deal but will have to fix that since its now a snow scoop. Will order skid tomorrow!

Attachments

• DSC00611.JPG
    DSC00611.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC00613.JPG
    DSC00613.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 116

I agree, girlfriend hit something not very hard and scarred up the aluminum plate underneath and I can see where I need to get a skidplate...at least a plastic one if nothing else.

Are you thinking that the Yamaha OEM 2014 SR Viper Front Skid Plate would have reduced the damage? Or are you looking at someting else when you refere to a "good skid".

Gotta watch out for those stumps bud! ;)

Glad you enjoyed hanging with us :)

I have the Yamaha rear skid plate on and I ran over a stump it helped a lot but the stock plate still bent alittle , I'm going to make a thicker one or just but a different one this summer , but the Yamaha skid plate does protect the brake rotor and chain case very well .

JUNK!

Those plastic bellypan protectors are worthless , I see a lot sleds in our shop all the time with cracked oil strainers , maybe time for Rock to design something that really work"s

I did the exact same thing only on the exhaust side. I bottomed the sled out in a ditch and hit a frozen solid chunk of ice that the groomer deposited in the ditch. I bent up that flat flange that's riveted to the frame rail and bent the exhaust tip sticking out the bottom of the sled. I have the Yamaha rear skid plate installed and it still went through it. I cut the bent tip off the muffler so now its flush with the belly pan and just tapped the flange flat again with the wooden handle of a hammer. No real problem.

Back