• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SUMMER PROJECT FINISHED TILL NEXT YEAR PICS!!!

yzviper366

Lifetime Member
Well I recently purchased a 08 Nytro MTX and I am doing a few things to it this summer. Honestly I myself have only ridden this sled for 10 minutes on a test drive due to no snow where I live but oh well I like to tinker with stuff. the things I am having done this year is

I am putting fox float evol r shocks in the front. Removing the sway bar. Puting in a different rear skid shock, putting in hygear torshion spacers, puting in OFT relocator, Hydroprinting all my plastics, and powerder coating my A-arms, and also adding in grizztracks gusset kit to the subframe.

ok here is my questions I took the sub frame off today and when I was taking the bottom A arm off I noticed a lot of play in the Spherical gusset. I have read a lot of things about these Olite bushings now if I buy these bussings what does it all cover does it cover the sherical bushings on the A-arms?

Also are there any other things I should be doing now that I have the sled this far apart? let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Matt

First off, I think most would agree. Don't put any money into the skid, save it to put towards a different skid. Any skid really will be a huge upgrade. The stocker is extremely heavy, weak and a poor design.

The bushing kit does come with all 12 bushings. Stock bushings (the uppers in particular) will only last 500 miles or less.

Other than what you listed, a OFT roll over valve is a must, not only will it keep the oil in your sled but you'll also have a tether, IMO every sled should have a tether. I'm sure there's more thats not coming to mind right now

Ricky is right for what you can buy one shock for its not worth it.You can find cat skids 400-600.00.they ride better perform better alla round and you drop around 30lbs.The Evol R's are nice shocks.You can gear down a toooth or two on the top also.I'm shure you read about the stock track.

Ya I have heard a lot about the stock track and also the rear suspension. I was thinkin about holding off on the suspension and track till maybe next year. I just moved out of my parents house into my own place so the budget is a little tight to do everything I would like to do to this sled right away.

I am looking at the Ulmer Olite bushing kit right now and wondering if the upgraded lower ball joint bushing is included in the bushing kit. If its not is there anyone else that makes a upgraded lower ball joint for the nytro. I dont know but 125 for a few rings seems to be alot of money but I could be wrong.

hey small world, im just up the road in washburn

from what i hear, if you are going to replace your bushing, just put in the oilites and be done with it.

Ya I had planned on doing so but I am wondering about the lower a arm ball joint. It has a lot of play in it and doesn't quite seem right

ulmer racing, order the oilites and ball joint kit and save a couple bucks on the package. Might as well get spindle bushings while your at it. ;)!

sorenson1610 said:
I would go with the bushmans spindle bushing kit, I got the ones from ulmer didn't seem to last to long. Not sure why but they smoked after 2000 miles. Check this out http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... e+bushings

Get bushmans kit!

Pioneer Performance also sells aftermarket a-arm bushing kits which have tighter tolerances and made out of a better material than the OEM bushings. I've ran them for several years in my Vector and have installed them for other Yamaha owners. So far they have less wear than the oilite bushings I've installed.

grizztracks said:
sorenson1610 said:
I would go with the bushmans spindle bushing kit, I got the ones from ulmer didn't seem to last to long. Not sure why but they smoked after 2000 miles. Check this out http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... e+bushings

Get bushmans kit!

Pioneer Performance also sells aftermarket a-arm bushing kits which have tighter tolerances and made out of a better material than the OEM bushings. I've ran them for several years in my Vector and have installed them for other Yamaha owners. So far they have less wear than the oilite bushings I've installed.

I HAVE seen those on his site. I guess it just seemed to me that the oillite ones were the most popular. But you say they show less wear than the oillite ones do? Does he offer any lower ball joint option?

Pioneers bushings have held up just as well as the oilite bushings. My Nytro oilite bushings have held up well but are starting to get a little slop in them while the Pioneer bushings installed in my Vector which have more miles on them are still tight. It may not be a completely fare comparison because the Nytro is rode harder but for the money the Pioneer bushings are worth it and also last much longer than the OEM bushings.

I don't think Pioneer has anything for aftermarket ball joints.

Back