• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Supercharger run on

unreal

Veteran
I have a 2006 Apex Mountain that runs on at midrange when your light on the throttle just like the cable is sticking. It only does it when you feather the throttle, if you hit the throttle in a snap like method it idles down fine. I changed Cable, no help. I checked secondary thinking it might be a backshift problem, no help. Tried to go lean and rich on Gems controller, no difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

unreal said:
I have a 2006 Apex Mountain that runs on at midrange when your light on the throttle just like the cable is sticking. It only does it when you feather the throttle, if you hit the throttle in a snap like method it idles down fine. I changed Cable, no help. I checked secondary thinking it might be a backshift problem, no help. Tried to go lean and rich on Gems controller, no difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A Vortech bypass valve will elimintate this problem.

Ted.

which one

should i use to get 10#, the Maxflow says 8# at 320 CFM and the Mondo does not list where it opens or CFMs or is the Mondo adjustable

Re: which one

chuckr said:
should i use to get 10#, the Maxflow says 8# at 320 CFM and the Mondo does not list where it opens or CFMs or is the Mondo adjustable

That is just a flow rating to give you some Idea how much air it can move on Decel.

It is closed at all boost levels and opens when you let off the throttle or any time there is more than 1.5 inHg vacuum or more in the throttle bodies.

This is the right bypass valve for all turbo and supercharged snowmobiles.

http://turboaddictionparts.com/catalog/ ... ducts_id=3

The Mondo is Just too big.

Ted.

:Rockon: :Rockon: Thanks Ted and everyone else for the advice, I got it installed and tried it out today. IT WAS AWESOME!!! Works like a charm, the most fun I ever had with it. THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE! :jump: :yam:

Re: which one

Ted Jannetty said:
chuckr said:

That is just a flow rating to give you some Idea how much air it can move on Decel.

It is closed at all boost levels and opens when you let off the throttle or any time there is more than 1.5 inHg vacuum or more in the throttle bodies.

This is the right bypass valve for all turbo and supercharged snowmobiles.

http://turboaddictionparts.com/catalog/ ... ducts_id=3

The Mondo is Just too big.

Ted.

Ted are these blow off valves supposed to let air come out at idle or only on deceleration. I have the vortech and it lets air out at idle and higher on the stand, is this normal?

Yes that is normal. Under full load which your NOT at on a stand it will close up and not let ANY air out. Otherwise at light load and idle it will let air out which is a good thing as its excess pressure anyway and would otherwise heat up the IC and strain the engine to have to always have pressure built up when you dont need it.

Back