• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sway Bar Delete filler plate

yamahaguy

Ride SAFE
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha MTX LE with MPI
Just finished building and painting up 4 aluminum filler plates to fill the hole after removing the sway bar. I have the plates ready for the XTX LE once it arrives, soon I hope! Busy work till the snow gets here....
plates.jpg
hole.jpg
installed.jpg

I left the sway bar on and just removed the links. Maybe not the best way but one day I will trade it in or sell it and I can put back on. Nice looking plates you made though.

I can still remove the plates and install the sway bar back on. The plates are just held in place with the original sway bar bolts. not that I will notice but small weight savings up front to

Looks great good job.
I am and trail guy and need the sway bar so won't be using.

If your an active rider no sway bar means you can lean the sled into the corner and rail around it. If your not active don't remove it. But some of us trail guys still remove them.

What do you guys mean by "active"?

Being active means you move around a lot on your sled. The faster you go the more you have to lean off the sled when going around a corner. If you just sit back and stay planted on the seat the sled wil roll to the outside of the corner if you don't have a sway bar.

Thanks weasel33. That is what I thought you were referring to. Appreciate the clarification.

Shane

I ride 90% off trail riding so things like carving and side hilling are a lot easier with the sway bar off, the sled becomes more flickable and does what you want with less rider input in deeper snow. As weasel33 said, you need to lean into corners if your trail riding. This mod is best for off trail riding mostly. Thanks for the complement guys and to 09nytro i'm not really selling them it was just a scrap aluminum i had laying around, just some cutting, griding, sanding, drilling and a beer or 2 and you have a set in 15-30mins :)

Back