• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Added MTX handle bar riser to the XTX se

Are these the pads you are talking about?
image.jpeg

Yep, those are it. If you order be sure you use the part no. out of the accessories catalog rather than the OEM part no for a Phazer replacement. Looks like big cost difference for same part.

Last edited:
Here's what I came up with for a bar pad as I did not like the cut-out in the front of the Phazer pad for the Phazer riser mounted Pod.

IMG_0771.JPG

Fly Racing Bar Pad, $17.96 from online vendor.

IMG_0774.JPG

After customization with a blue and orange Sharpie.

I can see the entire gauge above this bar pad without stretching to see over it.

Nice job guys and excellent idea. I purchased the parts and I'm in the midst of doing the conversion, however I am baffled over the rear tripod and cutting/fitting of the dash plastic.

Question; the rear tripod bar which mounts in front of the gas tank, has both the top clamp and bottom two hole plate welded onto it. It appears both you and snow ninja just drill a hole in the plastic dash piece; were one of the ends of that tripod piece removable? if not how did you get the plastic dash piece over the either of the ends?

Nice job guys and excellent idea. I purchased the parts and I'm in the midst of doing the conversion, however I am baffled over the rear tripod and cutting/fitting of the dash plastic.

Question; the rear tripod bar which mounts in front of the gas tank, has both the top clamp and bottom two hole plate welded onto it. It appears both you and snow ninja just drill a hole in the plastic dash piece; were one of the ends of that tripod piece removable? if not how did you get the plastic dash piece over the either of the ends?
There is a straight cut in the plastic in front of the hole toward the pod. When you install the instrument panel. You twist the plastic to open the slit and jamb it on. It's tight but it goes on and doesn't hurt the plastic. Look at the instrument panel for a 15 XTX-LE on the Yamaha parts finder and you see the slit shown and the location.

Here's a pic

image.jpg

Last edited:

TJ-R, This weekend I am going to have my OEM dash plastic off on my XTX LE, so I could make you a template so you know exactly where to cut the slot and drill the hole for the post. If your interested PM me your address and I can drop it in the mail Monday. Hang on to the template so if someone else needs it you can pass it along to the next guy doing this conversion ;)

TJ-R, This weekend I am going to have my OEM dash plastic off on my XTX LE, so I could make you a template so you know exactly where to cut the slot and drill the hole for the post. If your interested PM me your address and I can drop it in the mail Monday. Hang on to the template so if someone else needs it you can pass it along to the next guy doing this conversion ;)

Or you could make it a printable PDF which anyone could download from this site? :)

Birkebeiner

Or you could make it a printable PDF which anyone could download from this site? :)

Birkebeiner

Well when I did the first one on our XTX SE I ordered the AC kit and it came with a paper template for drilling the hole. There was no good way to align it so it so I threw it in the trash and then made a extract fitting template using our XTX LE plastic and 2 inch wide masking tape then pealed it off and transferred it the other other dash . Would the sizing change after scanning and then reprinting??

Last edited:
If transferred to let's say A4 size paper and scanned, if printed at 100% it should be the exact same size. But you could add measurements to the template so the person who prints it can double check the measurements.

Birkebeiner

The other option is to order the 2015 XTX-LE instrument panel. It will have the hole and slot in it in the right spot. I ordered it but they sent me the XTX-SE one with no hole :o|. I now have a spare in case I ever wanna put it back to stock. That was my goal anyway, I just thought it would be easier to drill for the seat switch and teather in the XTX-LE panel rather than drilling my LTX-LE panel for the tripod.

Six of one, half dozen of the other I guess.

Easy enough to drill.

Back