• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sway Bar Opinions? Anyone?

apexg88

Pro
Just ordered a 13mm sway bar from pioneer performance.
What sort of things should I look forward to?
Also has anyone had a bad experience or any negatives to the heavier sway bar?

You'll notice a little bit more side to side bounce when the bumps are not even from the left side to the right side. It doesn't bother me and the cornering is priceless.

I just installed mine again after trying to like the 11mm stocker and its just so much better for my riding style.

I've been using a 13mm for three seasons and really like the way it flattens the sled out in corners and reduces ski lift. I also run limiter strap up one holeset from stock, and have the front shock preload backed off significantly.
Some have reported here that with the 13mm, there is too much harsh feedback through the steering/handlebars in the uneven stutters, but for me the benefits outweigh this issue.

I had problems with the stock skis,and the 13mm pushing in corners.I had too much ski pressure.I run C&A skis now with ski pressure backed off even more.I went out riding 2 weeks ago and really stepped up my program tremendously.It really doesn't bother me in the wash out.If its really bad what the hell does the sway bar matter.It took me A little while to figure out what it,and my riding style wanted,but it was worth it.

I adjusted my limiter strap to one hole from the top and already have backed off the preload on my front shocks so it sounds like this should be a good addition b/c what I'm looking for is FASTER cornering! :Rockon:

Back