• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

switching

cmallow

Extreme
hey phazer guys! heres the story i currently run an apex er 06 am 19 years old and ride aggresivly im 6.4 220 lbs. i absolutly loved my apex but im kinda getting bored with 100% trail riding and the tank i currently ride is going on ebay soon. im definetly staying Yami but heres what im thinking either a nytro 08 or a 07 or 08 phazer mt or phazer rtx extended to 136 im leaning towards a nytro but would really like an extended track 136 or so. im just not sure if the 80hp phazer is enough for me. im no gear head by any means i just know normal sled repair and maintinace stuff. i was thinking about this as an option for the phazer.

a mnt phazer super charged with a 1in track instead of the mt track or or extended rtx super charged

what i desire most out of my sleds is reliability since the season in the midwest is relativly short. i would also like to have the fun factor amped up a bit lighter sled etc.

any input is much appreciated

I ride a 08RTX(blue) and my buddy rides a 08 nytro RTX(anniversary). We have ridden 500 miles together this year with these sleds. We have ridden each others sleds many times and both agree the phazer is a much lighter sled to ride and a blast in the ditches and tight twistie trails(where both of us could not out run each other no matter which sled we were on). The nytro being heavier is more to manage in these types of riding but the trade off is of course more power for out across a lake! The nytro will climb to 90 very quick (that feel your stomach against your spine quick) and then slowly reaches the "c" note. One thing we both agree is we like the rider forward chassis design on both and the suspension setup on both machines is cutting edge. We both came from 05 rev 800x machines so the rider foward design was a must for us. I like both machines and would recommend either one as they will give you that fun factor feeling over traditional style chassis, but for me personally the hp trade off for less weight of the phazer fits my riding style and the rest of my family. My buddy on the other hand still has his cravings for speed and and is ok with a little more weight trade off.

Best of luck to you!

Do you like ditch banging your sled and lightweight, or ditch banging with more power but heavier is the question.
If I were you i would find someone that i could try both these sleds out first. Of course I would recomend the phazer because of the very lightweight and easy to throw around. I'm only 14 and I can boondock and everything with my gt. You may not listen to me because im this age but im telling you the truth. Phazer is so easy to throw around and still has lots of power

Best of luck! :rules

I agree totally. I'm 36 and this thing is an absolute blast to ride. Very easy to throw around for young and old. I ride Moto-X and race quad in the summer so I find it very similar. First impression was maybe its a little under-powered but surprisingly its very snappy. This thing just floats across the snow. Had her up to 75 mph the other day in the ditch and still some throttle left. This thing can handle the biggest whoops. Like someone said earlier give er a test drive before buying. I also made the switch from speed and power for less weight and more fun. Add a 1.5 - 1.75 paddle track and this would be the ultimate ditch-banger. I find the 1" ripsaw doesn't hookup very well in the powder, but great on hard-pack. Hope this helps, any questions feel free to ask....cheers.

I think the supercharged Phazers are about 160hp?That sure would be awesome!But really you should get the Nytro.Almost that hp and probably less $.I will say though with you coming from a Apex you will be sorting through some handling issues with both the Phazer or the Nytro.Cant beat a well setup Phazer for fun though thats for sure.

Back