• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Talking to a Yamaha Canada executive

SnowRipper

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2022 SRX
So I’m at a Xmas party and I started talking to a Yamaha Canada executive who is high up the food chain. Can’t say who it was or their job title was but they were very forthcoming about many things but incredibly tight lipped about others. Being a new Sidewinder owner I was focused on Sidewinder issues, he said they tested out the new top gear and drive shaft for over 2 years before they went into the 2022 models. He was very confident that those Sidewinder weaknesses are resolved, I guess time will tell. I pressed him for future model plans but he wouldn't say much, but I can say anyone wanting a new Yamaha high output designed 2 stroke sled isn’t getting one anytime soon.

No high performance 2s from Yamaha is as likely as Polaris offering a performance 4s. Not part of their corporate philosophy saw that in the tea leaves years ago.

How about the clutch and chain case? When are they going to start testing them?

Back