• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tapered Tunnel mod

Sledhead_BR

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Vector LTX GT
1997 VMAX XTC
2005 AC 120
Anyone try www.hartmaninc.com tapered tunnel kit for the 2008-2009 MTX. Suppose to be the same as the 2010 tunnel. Just wondering how the install was, appears it comes with all necessary hardware and the price seems right at $200.

After seeing many of the mods and the 2010 tunnel, I realize how ridiculous the factory tunnel is on my 2008!

yeah that looks okay,,but i like the van-amburg tunnel extension best. I've gone to 162 on my mtx 08,,and didnt bother extending it at. you would never know,,the 162 is'nt that big of a difference to the factory tunnel

evil1 said:
yeah that looks okay,,but i like the van-amburg tunnel extension best. I've gone to 162 on my mtx 08,,and didnt bother extending it at. you would never know,,the 162 is'nt that big of a difference to the factory tunnel

Im running the 162 on a stock tunnel too and it works just fine. The length isnt the complaint for me, its the back end of the tunnel that needs to be hacked off because it gets hung up on the snow. I wish they would have had the tunnel done right to begin with like the 2010's

how bout buying the tunnel ext from yamaha for the 2010,,i was considering doing that myself but seeing i have bent tunnel,,i'm just changing it all together. I didnt size it up real good but can't imagine why it wouldnt work..downside might be the price from yamaha

have you checked out what Skinz has - it includes the angle brackets for after you can cut the boards back, addresses the back as indicated it is not done very well from the factory and is more like the 10 and a bumper to add the strength back. It is priced a bit high to me... but is what i am leaning towards. Adding the WPR boards too. Will upload pictures when i am done.

I like it, not sure on the price but like the looks....

Attachments

• 737_SPG_Nytro_MTX_Tunnel_Kit_Natural.jpg
    737_SPG_Nytro_MTX_Tunnel_Kit_Natural.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 194
Here are a couple pics of my Skinz tunnel...TOUGH!!!!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll44 ... C00538.jpg

IMG_0173Medium.jpg

Here is a pic of my second one...First one got ummm a little tweaked from some high speed testing, and went end over end, and landed on the right corner of the bumper...tweaked the bumper, but left the tunnel just fine...which is AWESOME!!!! Much rather replace a bumper than a tunnel...below are pics of the tweaked bumper too...oh, yeah, and the spindles too... was a spendy day but fun!!!

IMG_4030Medium.jpg

SkinzBumperMedium.jpg

spindleaxleMedium.jpg

I think the tunnel faired better than the spindle, what do you think :)

GO Skinz...GREAT people, KILLER service, and will always help with info etc. etc.

would you say, 'don't cut the holes' in the tunnel if you did it again? did that weaken it and allow for the tweaked bumper portion? i personally think the bumper piece would look a bit better if it was a solid piece (w/o the holes).

I am certain they would make one for you without the holes...give them a call...

Nah, the holes had little effect on the tunnel rigidity...I was going roughly 45 when the sled flipped...and it landed full force on the back corner of the bumper...hitting a rock...you can see the point of impact on the left corner...

I was POSITIVE it destroyed my tunnel..knocked my track off the idlers etc. but nope, not an issue, pulled the bumper called Jeff @ skinz got a new bumper...and she is purdy again...

The Close up pics, are of the new bumper on the same tunnel...

Not only would I buy another bumper from them, I have...and a mesh hood for under hood heat for my blower thingy, and rear tunnel bag, and a new front bumper, etc. etc. etc. needless to say, love their build quality and service!!!

mtdream said:
Here are a couple pics of my Skinz tunnel...TOUGH!!!!

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll44 ... C00538.jpg

Here is a pic of my second one...First one got ummm a little tweaked from some high speed testing, and went end over end, and landed on the right corner of the bumper...tweaked the bumper, but left the tunnel just fine...which is AWESOME!!!! Much rather replace a bumper than a tunnel...below are pics of the tweaked bumper too...oh, yeah, and the spindles too... was a spendy day but fun!!!

I think the tunnel faired better than the spindle, what do you think :)

GO Skinz...GREAT people, KILLER service, and will always help with info etc. etc.

That is a nice looking setup in the photobucket link!!!! :bling

Thanks for the pictures... that is what i am leaning at getting as i like the setup but only part of the kit as i have a custom rear bumper and like it - the person from Skinz thought i could get by with my bumper if i added some stregth to the tunnel under and use their back piece.

Would you mind me a picture of where you cut your boards back to the tunnel - i would like to see how you finished it off. I am thinking about leaving about 1" of the boards and riveting the end cap of the boards back on to add another layer of stregth - sorta like how their bumper has the bend outward to add side strength.

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    505.1 KB · Views: 155
yes extension and bumper...nice kit...and very handy to go for length and or just stay same length...either way, it strenghens the tunnel and the bumper...

I also went with their front bumper, which is insanely stronger than stock!!!

Back