• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TD eco trail tune

GAS

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder RTX, TD SQ exhaust, TD tune bundle. Dash flash, TD/Dalton clutch kit, 225, 1.57 mega bit studs. Pilot skis.
Anyone out there with high mileage on a TD eco trail tune. Any issues? Codes coming in?

Had Ecotrail all last season and flawless. Bigger tunes get a little better mpg in my opinion.

I was actually running the ecotrail last year 2500 miles, reflashed to powertrail this past season for another 2500. No codes no issues.

I can't speak for ECOtrail but I've ran powertrail and max17 the last 2 seasons with zero issues and no codes.

ECO and turbo force muffler for 5k. No issues. Feel it's a very safe tune and actually getting the same mileage as a 17 Viper.

not sure why anyone would run anything under powertrail at 270 - its fine for the crappyest gas u can run. my buddys running a newer 250 tune with stock pipe - runs great but this thing needs a pipe - i consistently use at least a gallon less per fill up. the smallest tune i run now is max 17 at 91 octane 275hp....

not sure why anyone would run anything under powertrail at 270 - its fine for the crappyest gas u can run. my buddys running a newer 250 tune with stock pipe - runs great but this thing needs a pipe - i consistently use at least a gallon less per fill up. the smallest tune i run now is max 17 at 91 octane 275hp....
Yep, on our North trip I ran PT SM alongside my buddy that had PT SQ. He easily beat me every fill-up.

what does PT SM meen? power trail stock muffler? - and PT SQ??? NOT SUPPOSED TO RUN POWER TRAIL WITH S Muffler - itll make everthing red hot over there... not good

what does PT SM meen? power trail stock muffler? - and PT SQ??? NOT SUPPOSED TO RUN POWER TRAIL WITH S Muffler - itll make everthing red hot over there... not good
Ben sent me a specific map for PT with SM and another map for PT with SQ

THANKS everyone. I was thinking the eco tune because of the lower boost, Easier on engine. I run 5000miles a year. Plus I do big runs and sometime have to gas up at lodges in the woods and gas is sometime low octane. I don't want to ruin my engine for a little more HP.

if u call ben - theres been no failures on the TD tunes at powertrail 270 because of a lean condition or anything he did - or run a choked up heavier pipe for 263 - i dont think 250 would be any safer - and youll get better mileage with powertrail... and its funner - and add some gear for even better mileage - and ... power trail feels slow now.... just sayen.. actually - go right to the max17 at 91 octane.. ran that as the slowest tune all year, my new slow UP and Canada PG tune - told ben he should make a 100 hp tune - so kids could ride it... or donkey friends would b fun to ride with...

Last edited:

Back