• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TD mod stock mufflers - Power but quiet?

sooo fall project in full swing, ordered the fuel upgrade from PFI .... didnt need the pump but they dont sell just the top, installing a nice inline billet fuel filter from JEGS speed, with AN fittings, still keeping my adjustable pressure regulator from TD , replaced all that vinyl shink fuel line with high presure fuel injection hose for feed and return. drilled all rivets out and installed all stainless riv nuts,for side panels have taken all suspension appart including steering and replaced all pivot points with Mainway Solutions brass greasable bustings. redid all gaskets and seals on the chain case along with new cover that has no sight glass. repacked drive bearing and changed brake fluid to prestone silicone after splitting caliper. alighned the belt as Knapp does by having primary pressed in to simulate half throttle and put belt ontp sec half way down and turn the two till belt is tight then measure with staight edge against outer flat surface of sec... along side of belt then set distance from straight edge to belt in two places and should be equal then put hims behind to keep that measurement. redoing all my boots on throttle body as i hav a little bubbling at 20psi, sooo ordered new boots and will smear around flanges with Urethane to be 100% sealed when clamped. LET IT SNOW.
Max what size an fittings and fuel filter did you go with to work with what's installed with the PEFI kit? I was just looking at the same idea on Jegs

I used Hyperfuel 46120. 10 micron w AN fittings.

Attachments

• 1664900165901.png
    1664900165901.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 59
it was a 40micron 6AN billot aluminum... 27.00 small and i got the feml 6AN fittings and extra filter element
jegs 555-15033 and 55515045 and 6 an fitting for 5/16 fuel line

Attachments

• fuel filter.jpg
    fuel filter.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 51
it was a 40micron 6AN billot aluminum... 27.00 small and i got the feml 6AN fittings and extra filter element
jegs 555-15033 and 55515045 and 6 an fitting for 5/16 fuel line
1. The Hyperfuel one is billet w 6 AN.
2. It had a cleanable 10 micron stainless steel element.
3. According to my fuel injector cleaning company, particles of 40 micron size will lodge/clog inlet side of 998 fuel injectors. That's too big. Need a filter down to below 30 micron. That's why I went to 10 micron. Any particles 10 micron or smaller will pass right through injector.
4. Final factor is filter flow capacity. Make sure it is rated to flow at least 20 gph or higher. You don't want to starve engine.

i considered the hyperfuel, but if the system never had a filter before then to go to 10 microns was over kil and could plug faster and or restrict flow quicker causing more issues, you can get finer discs for the one i got, is cleanable as well with stainless, but 30-40 is better than nothing and has high flow. ... plus only 27.00!

If you have stock in-tank strainer, that "filter" is approx 40-50 micron. Most automotive in-tank strainers are same. I didn't want to just add another 40-50 inline filter so after talking to my fuel injector cleaning company (who cleaned and flowed my injectors) and hearing what they said, I went to 10 micron.
BTW1- after running all last year with 10 micron filter, when I opened it to clean it this summer, it was spotless inside, no crud or debris. Either I have been lucky or wherever I have been buying gas must have good filtration.
BTW2 - 2 of 3 injectors had debris in them causing them to flow about 5-6% lower than they should. NOT GOOD when I'm running "close to the edge" and need all the fuel flow I can get. Well worth getting them cleaned! This was prior to adding 10 micron filter.

Back