• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TD mod stock mufflers - Power but quiet?

TD 3" Stock Mod

The O2 sensor is a bit of a tight fit but it does fit. I haven't noticed any drone. It is definitely my favorite muffler I have had on my sled so far,

m1.JPG
m2.JPG

TD 3" Stock Mod

The O2 sensor is a bit of a tight fit but it does fit. I haven't noticed any drone. It is definitely my favorite muffler I have had on my sled so far,

View attachment 165279View attachment 165280
The No drone is nice to hear and looks like that O2 is a tight fit. Angle of the bung has to be just right when welded!
Looks good, came out nice! “It’s stock” Ha Ha...

No drone on the TD SQ 2.5”. Just got to finally try it out yesterday and it sounds just like the one I replaced it with, which was a copy of the 2017 D&D modded muffler. That one had a drone sound at 4K-5K until we changed the outlet size from 3 to 2.5”!

Again, I hate that drone sound which resonates inside your helmet.
I find the SQ 2.5 to have a drone, just difference of opinion I guess.....:)

I'd like to try the stock mod 3 inch

TD 3" Stock Mod

View attachment 165279View attachment 165280In

The No drone is nice to hear and
I find the SQ 2.5 to have a drone, just difference of opinion I guess.....:)

I'd like to try the stock mod 3 inch
I did not notice that on mine, but my only ride with it so far, was only 42 miles on a frozen lake. Got to break in new belt and then let it rip with 3 clutch adjustments for WOT rpm’s!

At what rpm are you noticing that Drone sound with the TD SQ2.5”?

I did not notice that on mine, but my only ride with it so far, was only 42 miles on a frozen lake. Got to break in new belt and then let it rip with 3 clutch adjustments for WOT rpm’s!

Here’s a pic of my finished 2.5” SQ

Attachments

• BD5BCCD8-577F-425D-A93B-71BFDAF64A81.jpeg
    BD5BCCD8-577F-425D-A93B-71BFDAF64A81.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 118

Low to mid.

Dam, I won’t like that.
Its the quiest high-flow muffler on the market. I never spend any money on a high drone loud muffler agin. The future is quiet power. Skiiers, people fishing and cups, all of them will close area for sledding because of noise.

The No drone is nice to hear and looks like that O2 is a tight fit. Angle of the bung has to be just right when welded!
Looks good, came out nice! “It’s stock” Ha Ha...
Thanks for all the pictures. Why wouldn’t they just move it to the outside? Does it need to be at an angle? I would wrap your o2 wire with some heat tape btw.

I have TD super quiet 3" which people at trail stops say i sound like a ferrari coming dwn trail, and i dont find it loud but do not want the quebec federalies nailing me next week end... ive gotten away with it for a year now but have a itchy feeling i might get nailed next week soo ive ordered a 3" stock mod that was sent this morning. you are correct the bung is just a 1/4" turned to far and the wires from 02 touch shield, ive put heat tape over but they still get smokin hot. i hope the mod stock is better, its prob not that bad with stock manifold as you can push shielding in for clearance but with headers the shielding is tight against pipes.

Last edited:

Back